Brian's EK (Under Construction)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here is about 45 minutes on it. Oh, and I gave ya Type R axles too. It was easier than redoing the lug pattern :)

Attachments

• bafbrian.jpg
    bafbrian.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 186
I hate to bring it back up...But why do you plan on keeping the front end the way it is?
If it's what you like, thats fine, but if you like a clean/stockish looking ride, why keep the gaudy front bumber and rice-tastic hood and fenders?

Please don't take it the wrong way, it's just not my style, and I think it makes the car look a bit ricey...

GL on the build though! turbo setups ftw

Only thing that is staying is the front bumper. I like it. The fenders are gonna be replaced with stock ones and the hood will be an OEM CF one.

Celerity:

It that, well, what is that ? The ghosted design ?

ghosted ? no habla !

No, but I am experimenting now with a black / orange paint color code. Checking it out for you.

Like a chromalusion black with orange highlight.

UPDATE:

Got in some the internals for my jdm b18c shortblock. Got my new KYB AGX shocks today and hoping for the springs tomorrow so I can install them.

I'll post some pics up for you all tomorrow of everything.

UPDATE:

Got the springs today and went ahead with the installation. Everything was great until I got to the rear suspension.

BEWARE OF DREAM'S MOTORSPORTS

The above mention shopped was the one who installed the previous owner's suspension. They did a really shitty job, I mean real shitty.

1. The only put 3 of the 4 nuts on the struts mounts.
2. They over-torqued all of them. ( to like 150lbs )
3. They stripped all the nuts.

As a result, I had to chop one off. The others came off with time. As in 3 1/2 hrs worth of time on 3 fucking nuts. I got the front off and re-installed within an hour for the both.

I started at 2:00 today and I have just now finished. I had to make several stops to the auto parts store to buy parts and tools just to get the car somewhat drivable. I am not gonna very far except back to the auto parts store bcuz I have to get a new strut mount for the rear.

I will post up pics later as I am too tired to do so.

It's a sign to ditch the front bumper!

:p

Theres always something that screws up plans...
However, suspension is something that is very simple to me, and it's shocking to hear the company screwing up something that simple...

It's a sign to ditch the front bumper!

:p

Theres always something that screws up plans...
However, suspension is something that is very simple to me, and it's shocking to hear the company screwing up something that simple...

I hope that is not what it is saying.

Hoping it's saying do your car modifications. :D

Sorry about not getting pictures up peeps. Had some problems with the installation of the rims/tires and the new suspension.

Then, if you lived in Southeast, then you know the weather was just horrid yesterday, so no pictures.

But, alas, the weather has cleared up and pics will be posted up once I get home from my two classes today.

i was looking at the post you made about being 2 tone paint scheme. have the top part of the car black where the body line is and below that same body line, paint it that orange color you want. id have to agree with everyone else about the front bumper and ditching it and replace with it a stock one and put the OEM lip kit on it all the way around. it would make the car alot cleaner in appearance especially with the 2 tone paint scheme you want. i realize its your car and you are gonna do stuff that you want to do to it, but to get that clean appearance, its something you should think about doing. just my 2 pennies in the bucket for ya.

i was looking at the post you made about being 2 tone paint scheme. have the top part of the car black where the body line is and below that same body line, paint it that orange color you want. id have to agree with everyone else about the front bumper and ditching it and replace with it a stock one and put the OEM lip kit on it all the way around. it would make the car alot cleaner in appearance especially with the 2 tone paint scheme you want. i realize its your car and you are gonna do stuff that you want to do to it, but to get that clean appearance, its something you should think about doing. just my 2 pennies in the bucket for ya.

I might still get one. As an extra bumper. Get a stock front bumper with a nice cf lip. I will probably do it, just later so that I can see which I would like more. Heck, I might even make a poll if and when I get the oem front with lip vs aftermarket.

I'll save you the trouble.

Stock bumper with nice lip= Hondaswap
Aftermarket= The kid at 7-11 that swears it added 15hp.

I know. But considering the use of an aftermarket bumper, in this case, has a purpose.

That purpose being that I plan to mount a large intercooler when I get into the turbo aspect of this build.

But, I will probably shop around and see if I can get a nice cf lip for a good price. I get oem bumpers cheap, like $35 from a junkyard that gives a "preferred" customer discount cause I go there so much, it's like I work there.

We'll see peeps. It will be done, more than likely. But at the moment, the car needs a new paint job and if I get a bumper and lip. Then I have to rock a car that is not visually pleasing to anyone.

hell, pick up the stock bumper and have it painted the same time you have the rest of the car painted. may as well...

hell, pick up the stock bumper and have it painted the same time you have the rest of the car painted. may as well...

I probably will get it. Buddy of mine at a junkyard has one. He is gonna have to ship it to me. It will get painted the same color, but it will be at a later date. The current front end will be used for show purposes only.

Not to find a good looking lip, preferably carbon fiber.

All right peeps, here are the much promised pictures. Between school, drill, bad weather, and installation of parts, it has taken me some time to get all them for y'all.

Bear with me on the pics, I am on 56k at the gf's house.

Here they are:

New suspension
img0078wx6.jpg

Struts/Springs
img0080nw7.jpg

Old suspension
img0085ar3.jpg

Hole for suspension
img0084fi4.jpg

After
img0091ob3.jpg

Headlights
img0069if9.jpg

New Rims :D
img0104mz8.jpg

Putting new headlights on(at storage place)
img0107xs1.jpg

Gonna break up the pictures.

Next post will have the car with parts installed at the paint shop, plus a little extra.

Last edited:
Alright peeps. Here are some more and I apolgize for the wait. Spent the last few days at my gf's grandma's house cuz she just got a pacemaker.

Here a few more:

Fenders arrived
img0109ya9.jpg

After/Dropping off at paint shop
img0113sl7.jpg

img0114jt3.jpg

img0115tf4.jpg

img0116bk1.jpg

img0117xa5.jpg

img0120tk6.jpg

img0121br7.jpg

Little EG Hatch getting all painted up that was there
img0122eh0.jpg

img0123hq0.jpg

img0124mn6.jpg

The big gap in the front, you guessed it. Cuz it had slicks on it. Car was a purely a drag racer. Owner said he didn't know what he was gonna do with it. I thought it was pretty nice.

Yes, I know I have some fat tires on the rims(16x7). It's bcuz of where I live and the roads suck so I went to more rubber to ease the bumps. There is a slight rub on the passenger side(driver's side has no rub), I think bcuz the suspension is not sitting right on that side. Gonna take them off and fix it.

Back