Brian's EK (Under Construction)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah the two tone is pretty sweet... as for the hood, keep it. it's functional whether you guys want to believe it or not. no it isn't "ram air action" but it pushes cooler air into the engine bay.

my formula:
engine+high underhood temperatures= hp and tq loss
engine+low underhood temperatures= no hp or tq loss
viper hood= good cooling capabilities
cf or closed stock hood= not so good cooling capabilities

just my .02

looks a ton better.. needs the OEM CF hood.. i still have no idea why you are set on keeping that bumper.. if you want a front kit then i'd go with something less tacky.. something a little more simple..

yeah the two tone is pretty sweet... as for the hood, keep it. it's functional whether you guys want to believe it or not. no it isn't "ram air action" but it pushes cooler air into the engine bay.

my formula:
engine+high underhood temperatures= hp and tq loss
engine+low underhood temperatures= no hp or tq loss
viper hood= good cooling capabilities
cf or closed stock hood= not so good cooling capabilities

just my .02

I agree with that.

looks a ton better.. needs the OEM CF hood.. i still have no idea why you are set on keeping that bumper.. if you want a front kit then i'd go with something less tacky.. something a little more simple..

OMG, How many times have I said I am working on it ?:confused:

I just don't have the money to get a new one. Just be patient peeps.

UPDATE:

The much awaited, engine build. :D

Here are a few pics pf the block after I cleaned it a little. It's a JDM B18C Block. Gonna use some internals from my other block to go in it.

Darton Sleeves, Manley Rods, Arias Piston, either GSR or Type R Crank topped of with a B16 Head (which will be built eventually)

img0195wd4.jpg

img0197va1.jpg

img0199fr3.jpg

Last edited:
I'd be careful putting the deck surface of the block on concrete like that. If you gouge it, your head gasket won't seal as well. Just a precaution.

I'd be careful putting the deck surface of the block on concrete like that. If you gouge it, your head gasket won't seal as well. Just a precaution.

Appreciate it. It was only that concrete for pics bcuz it looked better out of the box.

Well, as fate would have it, my current financial situation won't allow to go very far on this.

:(
It sucks that we all have such an expensive addiction. Give it time bro, you'll find a way.

it says 2 am on my computer for the time he posted so he's 2 hours behind us. it was like 12 ish... who are you sending the block to to do the work?

it says 2 am on my computer for the time he posted so he's 2 hours behind us. it was like 12 ish... who are you sending the block to to do the work?

Right now, I don't know. I am waiting on another shop to push the darton sleeves outta my other block.

There are a few places here in Georgia that have been recommended to me:

Mainstream Performance, Batlground Engineering, Tophat Performance, and the shop I am using now, Forged Performance(great shop, but they specialize in 350z and g35).

Suggestions ?

i sent my d16z6 block down to darton in cali. they did it and they did a great job, it's just they take forever.

i sent my d16z6 block down to darton in cali. they did it and they did a great job, it's just they take forever.

Well, from what I have gotten from some ppl on importatlanta, Mainstream Performance is the place to go in ga for honda/acura work.

i suppose that works... it just worked out for me cause CA is loser to MT. there was a guy on the east coast that was gonna do it for me... for the love of pete i can't think of his name tho... i'll post it up when i remember it but it's time for bed... my delete key is almost gone i've hit it so many times. =)

UPDATE:

Just thought I would let everyone know that I have decided to go a different route for the engine build part of this thread.

I have decided to go the Turbo D. I am gonna build and boost the current motor and see what she will get me.

However, I will still continue to build the other block and eventually use it, maybe in another car build.

Back