bring on the snow :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I swore i would never do it, but your subbie makes me want one too....

My Loyale rocks out in the snow, and her WRX does too.

That said... the Jeep Wrangler I have this week SUCKS in snow.

That bulge on the spoke is gunna eat shit the first time you get up next to a curb.

Choosing ROTA for a nice throw away wheel +1
Choosing a ROTA with a spoke design that isn't flush or recessed -1
Choosing good snow tires that are still OK fun on the dry +3

You = teh winnAr.

you also don't have snow tires :p

and besides... if i curb a rota, who gives a shit. these are my winter wheels. if they get fucked up, they get fucked up...

I like rotas, and plan on getting them for the NX2k. I was going to get them for the Civic and the CRX, but instead want Clayton's Mugens for the CRX and the Civic will be getting the 16" Maxxims.

This weekend I'm getting snows for the WRX and possibly the NX too.

Quoted post[/post]]
If I had an S4, with at minimum some K04's I think I would be able to keep up with you in most courses.

But I don't and would drag WAY behind, especially with my crappy tires I have on it now.

An S4 understeers as bad as a stock honda civic.

Quoted post[/post]]
lol- the car is dirty as shit :p

well, we just got some snow... im heading in from the bar right now (and no, i didn't have anything to drink) and we got a nice dusting.

braking is AWESOME! forward traction is awesome! turning still enduces some plow when you push it, but overall, i'm impressed with these tires.

pissedoffrating: 8/10

See, I knew you would like it. :) Even my Pirelli all seasons suck bad in the dry.

Not with a 19 or 22 mm rear sway bar. Audi put the same size bars on the A4 as well, 27mm front and 15mm rear, later DOWNGRADING to a 14mm rear bar

For >200 bucks for the 19mm rear bar I can make my a4 oversteer a lot by throwing it into the turn or VERY nuetral and precise by taking it normally.

Quoted post[/post]]
Not with a 19 or 22 mm rear sway bar. Audi put the same size bars on the A4 as well, 27mm front and 15mm rear, later DOWNGRADING to a 14mm rear bar

For >200 bucks for the 19mm rear bar I can make my a4 oversteer a lot by throwing it into the turn or VERY nuetral and precise by taking it normally.
And obviously you do not know how to setup suspension. Enjoy your even more understeering pig. TIA!

It's proven to be an effective way of creating some oversteer with the A4/S4's.

If I was actually trying to have a great suspension setup. I wouldn't just put a bigger rear sway bar on and call it a day. I just want more oversteer right now, which is why I was contemplating buying it, I just don't have the money for a full setup right now.

Quoted post[/post]]
fortunately, i know how to drive, and won't be eating curbs :p

I know how to drive on snow/ice, also, and I'm from a place where is only ices over once every three years.

Anything can and will happen. Just because YOU know how to drive doesn't mean that 60 year old grandmother that just attempted to pull out in front of you does.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
I like rotas, and plan on getting them for the NX2k. I was going to get them for the Civic and the CRX, but instead want Clayton's Mugens for the CRX and the Civic will be getting the 16" Maxxims.

This weekend I'm getting snows for the WRX and possibly the NX too.

Well...if you want them...ya better hurry....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-MUGEN-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

No... I was talking about the 13"s on your CRX now.

yeah, cuz some stupid bitch pulled out in front of me.... it was either hit her or take the curb check... i chose the curb check.
was that my fault? nope...

its liek i'm going through drive throughs riding the curb...

My point was, even if you are a good driver you can still find yourself in unavoidable lose/lose situations such as that one...

Back