Bringing back the dead

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

has any one noticed the ammount of old post that people are posting in I couldnt believe how old some of them are I guess we cant yell at them for not using the search button now can we.

B dont you have the option to automaticaly lock post that have been inactive for some time like 6mo or something like this

Naa, because every once in a while a thread needs to be brought back for added info, etc.

Its not THAT bad...

Maybe a date checker of some sort? If a thread's last post is more than 6 months before the current date, pop up a window: "The thread you are about to post in has been dormant for some time. Are you sure you want to revive it?"

That way people can still contribute useful things to old threads, but eliminate the 'oops I didn't know this thread was so old!' problem. Maybe do the check just as the 'reply' button is clocked instead of the 'submit' button so they don't go through the trouble of writing their post out if they don't intend to ressurect an old thread.

Last edited:
well, at the bottom of the page there is a box called "Similar Threads" and the person clicks those, reads it, and just clicks post reply.....with-out looking at the date of the post.

i see where the there are being resurected from now. There has to be a way to make some one aware that the thread has been dead for 3 years before they post in it

Back