bristol autocross

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
im a so/so. depends on how the old clutch feels. :D its getting yanked next fri/sat/sun when i get back from my trip to maine and the concert.

ACT baby yeah!!

I'll be there. Not sure about August 8th, however.

I found out why I was doing circles last time. I've been wearing out the inside edge on my front Hoosiers because my negative camber. I recently did a front-to-rear rotation and was way loose last event. When I brought my tires into the house I noticed cord on one of the rear tires.

Originally posted by number9@Jul 20 2004, 12:36 PM
I'll be there. Not sure about August 8th, however.

I found out why I was doing circles last time. I've been wearing out the inside edge on my front Hoosiers because my negative camber. I recently did a front-to-rear rotation and was way loose last event. When I brought my tires into the house I noticed cord on one of the rear tires.
[post=365711]Quoted post[/post]​

that sucks chip, those are expensive tires... and they didnt last too long... :(

well ive decided. im going. fuck it. the new clutch goes in on monday.

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Jul 20 2004, 10:12 PM-->
@Jul 20 2004, 12:36 PM
I'll be there.  Not sure about August 8th, however.

I found out why I was doing circles last time.  I've been wearing out the inside edge on my front Hoosiers because my negative camber.  I recently did a front-to-rear rotation and was way loose last event.  When I brought my tires into the house I noticed cord on one of the rear tires.
[post=365711]Quoted post[/post]​

that sucks chip, those are expensive tires... and they didnt last too long... :(

well ive decided. im going. fuck it. the new clutch goes in on monday.
[post=366005]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm going to decrease my negative camber to get more middle/outside rubber on the ground. There are 7 autocrosses left, and I may miss at least one of them. Hopefully I'll make it to the end of the season - which is all I got these for. If they don't make it, I may just run my Kumho MXs in either STS or even DSP for an event or two. I should be okay, but the real question is whether or not I'll be competitive. I certainly wasn't during the last event.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 20 2004, 11:08 PM
i think you should be ok. i dont see why you wouldnt be competitive no the MXs?
[post=366030]Quoted post[/post]​

I can think of three reasons why: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. They were all quite fast. Although I believe 1st place will be assigned another class, as he might not legal in DSP (upgraded turbo).

dont let it get ya down. atleast you dont get jilted like i do.

Damn. I went to loosen the set screw on my coil over spring perch, and the allen wrench stripped the cheap ass head. Damn.

Originally posted by number9@Jul 23 2004, 06:53 PM
Damn. I went to loosen the set screw on my coil over spring perch, and the allen wrench stripped the cheap ass head. Damn.
[post=367424]Quoted post[/post]​

Vicegrips ;)

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 24 2004, 12:54 AM
its a set screw. i doubt he could get vice grips in there.
[post=367513]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah. It's counter sunk. Probably needs to be drilled out. I'll live with it for now. I've been thinking about changing my suspension setup anyway.

Drill the head of the scew off, then the ring should loosen up, and the rest of the screw should rotate easily out, if not try to slot the remaining portion of the screw with a slot, and try to turn it out with a small screw driver....then take that bolt, match the thread up at home depot, and find the replacement screw....replaceing one screw is better than scrapping a full set of coil-overs....

Clayton - I was gonna try something like that when I get some time. The head should easily drill out, but I suspect it's the threads that are frozen - not the head - so I'm not sure it will easily unscrew out. And there won't be much room to get a slot in there.

So, I may just end up drilling the whole thing out, or just buying a new collar from Ground Control. The entire coil over kit was only like $330, so I can't imagine a single collar would be too expensive. Unfortuantely, if this one was frozen, the other ones probably are too. Hard to believe, since I just had all of them loose in April. F-ing New England weather.

I'm tired of my Bilstein/GC setup anyway. I might move on to something else next year. Any suggestions?

Originally posted by number9@Jul 24 2004, 04:14 PM
Clayton - I was gonna try something like that when I get some time. The head should easily drill out, but I suspect it's the threads that are frozen - not the head - so I'm not sure it will easily unscrew out. And there won't be much room to get a slot in there.

So, I may just end up drilling the whole thing out, or just buying a new collar from Ground Control. The entire coil over kit was only like $330, so I can't imagine a single collar would be too expensive. Unfortuantely, if this one was frozen, the other ones probably are too. Hard to believe, since I just had all of them loose in April. F-ing New England weather.

I'm tired of my Bilstein/GC setup anyway. I might move on to something else next year. Any suggestions?
[post=367607]Quoted post[/post]​

ugh 330? gross. get some eibachs or h&rs chip!

koni yellows and agx's are in order. you can revalve the konis for extra stiffness. the agx's have the same strengths stock for stock, but cant be re-valved.

Back