Bristol Autox

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
after missing two events im pissed. ill be there HELL OR HIGH WATER.

lots of new goodies installed. im almost modded to fsp max. just need a rear sway and the car is finished till storage time. :D

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Aug 17 2004, 09:10 AM
after missing two events im pissed. ill be there HELL OR HIGH WATER.

lots of new goodies installed. im almost modded to fsp max. just need a rear sway and the car is finished till storage time. :D
[post=377935]Quoted post[/post]​

I should be there driving on worn out Hoosiers in the front, and Kumho MXs in the rear.

i'm sure i'll who up at some point... not racing though. still don't have a damn helmet.

GOD DAMN THEIVES

did you check out the helmets on top of the tailer last week? Or were they not trendy enough? :p

didn't look.

i know what i want... i just keep buying other shit instead...

like a wideband, a pair of slicks, datalogging, rom editor, an eeprom chip burner, an emulator, a couple DVD's, some coins, a catch can... lol and that was all since saturday :)

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Aug 22 2004, 05:25 AM
im leaving shortly kids!
[post=380211]Quoted post[/post]​

Chris,

Did you leave early? I ended up putting on my street tires on all four corners for the last run. The Hoosiers are officially dead.

nah, we didnt bother to stay.

my o2 sensor is officially dead, also. had a CEL on the way home too.

Originally posted by number9+Aug 22 2004, 06:43 PM-->
TurboMirage
@Aug 22 2004, 05:25 AM
im leaving shortly kids!

Chris,

Did you leave early? I ended up putting on my street tires on all four corners for the last run. The Hoosiers are officially dead.
[post=380358]Quoted post[/post]​

You ever get your GC Sleeve unfrozen? I found my other perch if you want it... Paid $25 for it... Gimme $20 and its yours. Brand new.

And I should have come to the AutoX... The highlight of the car show was when the kid came up to me and asked me if that was a Vortech Turbo I had... :blink: :unsure: :huh:

you're an idiot dude.... lol

vortech is a technolgoy of chevy heads or some shit

no chevy pick ups are supehcharged.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+Aug 24 2004, 12:27 PM-->
Originally posted by number9@Aug 22 2004, 06:43 PM
TurboMirage
@Aug 22 2004, 05:25 AM
im leaving shortly kids!

Chris,

[post=380358]Quoted post[/post]​

You ever get your GC Sleeve unfrozen? I found my other perch if you want it... Paid $25 for it... Gimme $20 and its yours. Brand new.

And I should have come to the AutoX... The highlight of the car show was when the kid came up to me and asked me if that was a Vortech Turbo I had... :blink: :unsure: :huh:
[post=381008]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah. I got one of those t-handled, ball ended allen wrenches, but it was too far gone. I'm going to drill out the head next. I may be interested in your perch, I'll let you know when I get around to doing something. Thanks. I definitely need to raise it back up for the winter. My bilsteins don't handle the current height very well.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 24 2004, 01:58 PM

[post=381025]Quoted post[/post]​

oops!!

yeah, dads truck is a 4.3L vortec chevy.

hes got a COMPTECH supercharger, or something. :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 24 2004, 12:58 PM

Since 1992 Chevrolet has included supercharger options for all of their S-10 lineup, including the 92 Blazer towing package (which offered the 4.7 V6, Vortec supercharger)

Sorry.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity+Aug 25 2004, 10:20 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Aug 24 2004, 12:58 PM

Since 1992 Chevrolet has included supercharger options for all of their S-10 lineup, including the 92 Blazer towing package (which offered the 4.7 V6, Vortec supercharger)

Sorry.

-> Steve
[post=381505]Quoted post[/post]​

i'd like to see details of this... Because I'd love to find one for my 96 4.3 SCPI Blazer. :)

VORTEC = Chevy Heads & intakes
VORTECH = Superchargers

Originally posted by ScrapinSi+Aug 25 2004, 10:31 AM-->
Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 25 2004, 10:20 AM
pissedoffsol
@Aug 24 2004, 12:58 PM

Sorry.

-> Steve
[post=381505]Quoted post[/post]​

i'd like to see details of this... Because I'd love to find one for my 96 4.3 SCPI Blazer. :)

VORTEC = Chevy Heads & intakes
VORTECH = Superchargers
[post=381513]Quoted post[/post]​

UH! I've been Vtecked !

Seriously I don't mean to name the Blower a "Vortec". Vortec was the engine maker. There are GM 4.3s and Vortec 4.3s. Just like Toyota 1.6s and Yamaha 1.6s. And GM 3.1s and McLaren 3.1s.

I'll try to find some web info on them. I believe the Typhoons are Turbo, but I know that the 4.7 towing had a belt driven Eaton Roots on it.

-> Steve

ummm... sorry B... they are 4.3 T... :)

Both the Syclone and Typhoon utilize a 4.3L Turbocharged Vortec V6, pushing out 285+ HP (disputed to be 330) with 360ft/lbs of torque, with a liquid-cooled intercooler. A multiport fuel system feeds the motor while a TH700R4 automatic transmission puts power down to the AWD drivetrain. 0-60 times range from under 5 seconds (even in the rain!) to a quarter mile time of low/high 13's for the Syclone and mid 13's to low 14's for the Typhoon in stock form. The Syclone's ONLY production year was in 1991 with an estimated 2995 units built, while the Typhoon lasted from 1992-93 with 2500 units built in 92 and 2200 units built in 93. Both trucks feature a specialized ground effects package (known as cladding) and turbine style 16x8 aluminum rims. The Syclone's interior features plush cloth bucket seats with the "Syclone" badge embroidered into the headrest, along with door inserts to match while the 92 Typhoon's feature leather/cloth seats with headrest "Typhoon"embroidery and the 93 features full leather interior with power seats and overhead console. The trucks feature center console holds the leather shifter while a gauge cluster from a Sunbird GT keeps you informed of engine vitals and boost.

Back