bristol june 27th

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Chris is here, and I'll follow him up....funny thing is...I'm actually awake today...

I'm going to see what his car can do....

since I didn't get the engine stuffed yesterday in the ae86...and the tires on the Z are shot...I'm stuck with the Mirage... <_<

got there got shit done.

I finally got moved to FSP, 2nd place
Clayton 3rd in FSP
Chip was 1st in DSP
Dale was 3rd in XN outta like 19 lol not bad!

fun stuff. :D

i ended up getting 3rd (56.889). the results are posted on there site. o and thanks chip for the pointers. i schould have asked you to ride with me on the dollar runs. o well, maybe next time.

nice job guys

well I'll be there next time, I spent the 27th puttin a new front door and storm door on my house, and other home owner related shit

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jun 27 2004, 04:52 AM
Chris is here, and I'll follow him up....funny thing is...I'm actually awake today...

I'm going to see what his car can do....

since I didn't get the engine stuffed yesterday in the ae86...and the tires on the Z are shot...I'm stuck with the Mirage... <_<

I dunno man, looks like the Mirage did pretty well !

What were your impressions of Chris' build?

-> Steve

It's all sound and no go <_<

But the lack of power was the only thing, other than that...it handled fine, had decent grip, decent cornering, the back could have been a little stiffer, but it was manageable....

the course was wide open and long...and I never got the car into 3rd on the first straight away....

All he needs is just a little more power, and he can do fine with the car.....to much power and he'll just lose the handling.

I think if he switches over to a tuned DOHC engine, keeps the car NA, and focus's on his suspention and tire selection...he will get real good.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jun 30 2004, 02:55 PM
It's all sound and no go <_<

But the lack of power was the only thing, other than that...it handled fine, had decent grip, decent cornering, the back could have been a little stiffer, but it was manageable....

the course was wide open and long...and I never got the car into 3rd on the first straight away....

All he needs is just a little more power, and he can do fine with the car.....to much power and he'll just lose the handling.

I think if he switches over to a tuned DOHC engine, keeps the car NA, and focus's on his suspention and tire selection...he will get real good.

my stupid shock error would change the handling of the car drastically... to be suprised the nittos feel a bit more predictable on the rear than the ESes but the shocks werent correct.

there is no tuned DOHC motor for the mirage, only options are the 1.5, 1.8 SOHCs and swap in a MiVEC ( about the same power as a gsr motor in the same trim) for $$$ but never pass emissions... or a 4g63t.

the transmission is much alike an LS tranny.

ill have more goodies installed for the next autocross, like the BIG BRAKES and phenolic and HOPEFULLY the clutch.

8.5"!?!?!? LOL! Thats smaller than the rears on my car! LOL!

smaller than my fronts and rears :)

His brakes were fine...they worked great...no need to update them...or upgrade them....

Unless he add's about 200 more HP.....

and I don't see that happenening soon... ;)

Back