Broke my arm...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Wow that blows. My insurance is pretty good, so the ER visit will cost me only $150. I'm just getting screwed on this device I'm skeptical I even need. Generally my insurance is excellent (payed $0 to get a questionable mole cut out of my back). If this it were really that important to my recovery, I feel they would cover more.

why exactly are you getting this machine if you dont feel you need it?
why are you getting it from them if you know you can get it cheaper elsewhere?
why arent you demanding an mri or whatever now instead of waiting til its going to be too late to do anything about?
why arent you telling the doctor what you want done?

i dunno, but if it were me, i would be taking control of the situation, getting the tests i believe need to be done, and not buying something for 4 grand that i can get for 400.

All good advise guys.

I am calling another doc tomorrow for a second opinion on the bone stimulator. The only reason I'll be getting one is if my doctor can convince me that it is absolutely necessary. In that case I'll be getting one off of ebay for a few hundred $ from someone trying to recoup their losses after paying full price. I am new to all of this medical BS. Before this, I hadn't seen a hospital since I was born.

I believe diet and rehab will be key. I've started drinking a glass of milk with each meal. Already the pain is virtually gone and I have some dexterity in my left hand - didn't even miss 1 hour of work. I think I've made a bigger deal of this than it really is. It wasn't a bad fracture and they didn't have to re-set it. The guy I went to came highly recommended as he's seem almost every Honda employee that has broken a bone.

when i broke my wrist with 1 er visit 2 surgerys a dozen xrays and 2 mri's plus prescriptions it cost me about 150 out of pocket. i was very close to bumping my insurance down to the lower level right before this happened and i couldnt be luckier that i didnt

update

Got out of the cast today:rotflmao:

I actually got out of the thing a month ahead of schedule. Hand feels stiff and weak

Back