Broke My LSD? Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

I was at the local track when went to launch the car, it inched and nothing happend car did not move I had to be pushed back to the pits.

Now I can shift into all gears just fine but does not get power to tires or axles they dont even try to spin. When Im in gear we could push the car back and forth in every gear. We think it is the differential. There is some griding when In gear with clutch not ingaged, but no noise at all at ideal. Could there be another problem?

I have a 97 ITR with the LSD so if this needs to be replaced what do I go with, Quaife Kaaz are out of my leage becuase of price. I see some LSD OBX on ebay are they worth anything, Is there a cheaper upgrade LSD better than the ITR LSD.

i had an old colt that did the same thing, turned out i seperated the clutch disc from the clutch spline plate! :)

sounds like a blown diff...and if quaife and Kazz are out of your budget, buy another factory LSD not an OBX

I just bought Drag Radials and was launching at 5000-5500, Now the stock LSD should be able to take this right?

Is worth 900 dollars for a Quaifl Diff? I ran a 14.06 this was my first night with the tires I bet with practice I could run 13.9-13.8 I just think the quaifl LSD would be overkill for my car.

Where would be a good place to buy a Stock LSD

I dont think it has anything to do with the diff.

When the shift forks in my transmission broke, I could "put the car in any gear and roll it around" too...

Might wanna check those too... either way, the trans has to come out...

brian11to1 said:
I dont think it has anything to do with the diff.

When the shift forks in my transmission broke, I could "put the car in any gear and roll it around" too...

Might wanna check those too... either way, the trans has to come out...

That is a good Idea, But cant I just grabe the little boot and try to feel the fork for a break. Thanks

edit: Just went to go check the boot has a small slit in it and i had my cousin pump it I could feel the fork moving fine, and could hear the metal teeth (or what ever they are called) on the clutch being pused on, but when tranny comes out I will still check it out.

Last edited:
I was thinking If I have to replace the LSD, This might be a chance to change the final drive to a 98 spec ITR. (I might have to any ways if there is damage to the final gear anyway)

What would be better to spend my money on the Stock LSD w/ 98 spec 4.7 final OR get a quaifl diff This would cost about 900 bucks on one or the aouther opitons.

Back