broken axle and maybe LSD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

last night i was driving pretty hard around these really curvy roads up in the hills and the boot over the joint of my axle like just fell off. and i guess rocks go inside the joint and broke it cuz half the cage is gone and all the bearings are gone. I stoped and tried to drive the car again but it like took for ever to accelerate. it felt like my clutch was slipping hella bad but it wasnt. I have lsd so it was like driving one wheel but it was making some whinning noise. I took the axle off today and the whinging noise is gone but now i have thise other noise. IT happens when i push the clutch in and put it in gear. it will start making like a clicking noise. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

ive read that . Helical type LSD is not on there and that is what honda has. Does anyone know how HONDA LSD works and what my problem could be?

oh yes do think i could have messed anything up by driving home on one wheel drive?

OK i put a new axle in and my LSD seems to be fine at the momment but i still hear this clicking noise when i push the clutch in all the way and stamp on it really hard with all my might. it just keeps clicking but then if i let off the clutch ever so slightly it will go away. does anyone have any idea what this could be? pressureplate? throwout bearing? clutch disc???

Back