1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

broken axle and maybe LSD

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by highperboi, May 2, 2004.

1. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

last night i was driving pretty hard around these really curvy roads up in the hills and the boot over the joint of my axle like just fell off. and i guess rocks go inside the joint and broke it cuz half the cage is gone and all the bearings are gone. I stoped and tried to drive the car again but it like took for ever to accelerate. it felt like my clutch was slipping hella bad but it wasnt. I have lsd so it was like driving one wheel but it was making some whinning noise. I took the axle off today and the whinging noise is gone but now i have thise other noise. IT happens when i push the clutch in and put it in gear. it will start making like a clicking noise. Does anyone know what could be the problem?

2. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

anyone know anyting about how lsd works?

3. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

4. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

ive read that . Helical type LSD is not on there and that is what honda has. Does anyone know how HONDA LSD works and what my problem could be?

oh yes do think i could have messed anything up by driving home on one wheel drive?

5. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

:yes: I'm sure you could have messed shit up by driving home on 1 wheel. I dont think that was the best idea....

6. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

OK i put a new axle in and my LSD seems to be fine at the momment but i still hear this clicking noise when i push the clutch in all the way and stamp on it really hard with all my might. it just keeps clicking but then if i let off the clutch ever so slightly it will go away. does anyone have any idea what this could be? pressureplate? throwout bearing? clutch disc???

7. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

bump cuz its scarying me. :(

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted