Broken face...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importjdmcivic

Its the NUGE!
Has anyone ever broken their orbital maxilla or whatever its called? It's the bone that is the bottom of the eye socket and top of the nasal cavity. Im just wondering if anyone else has broken theirs and what happened. I broke mine on Sunday doing a triple front flip from 40 feet into a lake...

ouch man, that sucks.. what did you hit it on?

my dad was a soccer goalie back in his 20's.. he went up to head a ball(outside of the box) and anotehr one of his teammades came at him trying to head it as well. well, he missed teh ball, and hit the other guy in that bone.. the guy had to have something like 200 stiches, and it fucked up his vision..

Originally posted by importjdmcivic@Apr 14 2005, 03:47 AM
I broke mine on Sunday doing a triple front flip from 40 feet into a lake...
[post=486963]Quoted post[/post]​

:bash:

got darwin?

ive cracked myne - when i was in an accident at 70 and the car flipped and slid into a road sign which stopped us - no bigge - took about 6 months to heal !

Originally posted by b204dr@Apr 14 2005, 09:03 AM
ive cracked myne - when i was in an accident at 70 and the car flipped and slid into a road sign which stopped us - no bigge - took about 6 months to heal !
[post=486999]Quoted post[/post]​

6 months! DAMN, i was hoping since it it such a thin bone that it would be a lot quicker to heal. It was crazy, when i found out it was broken I started blowing air into my eye socket and making a huge bubble...it's my new party trick. :D

most people can do the air thing, they just don't know it

you just need to hold your nose and try to blow out real hard... the little vent thing will make little bubbles...

its prob not the best thing to do though, beware of infections and such...

i hear a lot of people get that bone broken in fights...
so what did your face just slam into the water?

eew.... I hate topics like these. Guess thats a reason why I will never be a doctor.

yes its thin - but it heals slow - can depend on people - i heal fast in genral and dont get sick much !

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 14 2005, 02:01 PM
most people can do the air thing, they just don't know it

you just need to hold your nose and try to blow out real hard... the little vent thing will make little bubbles...

its prob not the best thing to do though, beware of infections and such...

i hear a lot of people get that bone broken in fights...
so what did your face just slam into the water?
[post=487124]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea i just face first into the water...man that truck came outta no where! :lol:

I had mine cracked by a full thrown softball to the cheek. I was running across homeplate last year when the first baseman threw it as hard as he could. I heard crackling when I chewed and I had partial numbness of my cheek for two weeks. I'd say the crackling stopped in about a week, and 90% skin stimulation came back in about two weeks.

I'm fine now, mebbe. *twinge twinge* :p

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 14 2005, 02:06 PM
eew.... I hate topics like these. Guess thats a reason why I will never be a doctor.
[post=487128]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

my little sis dropped the weight bar when she was doing bench as a freshman in high school. I don't think she broke it though. She had quite the shiner!

Back