broken intake manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EJ1+y7&Boost

757 Motorsport
How easy is it to crack/break the intake manifold. i put in a y7 in my eg on friday and it ran fine minus the irratic idle. i had no luck locating an iacv so i put on a d15 intake mani. once it was on i remembered coolant leaked around the gasket into the 4th cylinder so i figured there was somthing wrong with this mani. (did the same thing on the d15 motor) took it off and put the y7 mani back on the y7 with a new gasket and then my friend broke the stud right beside the coolant line on the intake manifold(over tightened it). i put a new stud in the head and tried it again. now, as soon as the thremostat opens and the coolant starts flowing i get white smoke all over the place just like the d15 was doing. whats the solution? I'll head to the junkyard tomorrow for a new IM if that will solve it. lmk what your opinions are to fix the problem. Thanks to all in advance.

i got a z6 intake mani freshly reserfaced and i took some light steel wool to the head flange so both are free of gasket and very clean. used throttle body cleaner and wiped both flanges. picked up a z6 intake mani gasket and assembled it all. still having the same problem. as soon as the car gets warm and the thermostat opens coolant begins to burn. who has put a b7 or z6 manifold on their y7. I'm putting it on so the whole motor becomes plug and play in my eg. i've been told by a couple friends that it'll work but it hasent so far for me. The coolant hole on the intake flange is more or less square on the b7 and z6 manifolds. the y7 and y8 have round coolant holes on the flanges. my buddies have told me as long as you use a z6 gasket with the z6 or b6 manifolds everthing will be fine. any help is greatly appreciated.

Now im leaning towards a blown head gasket. although i dont have creamy oil i think i'm gonna replace it just to be sure thats not the source of the problem

it smells coolant like and pretty strong. any other suggestions? i'm gonna get an engine gasket kit and arp head studs and see if the problem still exists. Good idea? and no felpro gaskets, dont worry

check and make sure that you dont have any of the coolant lines that run thru the throtle body and the iacv runing to a vacuum port i have seen this more than one time i would check that also

No misrouted coolant lines. I did loop the colant line from the iacv to the return port on the mani bypassing the fitv and the smoking has greatly reduced. I remembered hearing that coolant that warms up the throttle body/fitv sometimes leaks into the mani. Now the smoke is barely visable. Only thing is that it has a strong smell. Probably just me being paranoid.

Back