Broken Internet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

why can't i download anything anymore? everytime i right click, "save as" a message pops up and says it couldn't make a connection.. i cant dl shit anymore.. i was going to get antivirus from mcafees.. anyone have a clue?

haha sorry about the misconception.. but yeah.. anyone have any idea??? i cant do shit except browse.. i cant stream, download, do online scans, and shit like that.. whats wrong? im using IE6 btw.. i cant even dl the new patches and shit

Doublecheck your security settings, go to tools and then internet options. Clear your temporary internet files and history caches. How much is available as free space on your C drive?

click here-

C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

change BRIAN to your logon name, and C: to where your windows is if needed.

DELETE that entire fodler contents. its probably stupid big.

i've tried that, nothing works.. man.. this is gay... i think its internet explorer.. i cant even download another broswer.. everytime i try to download smething it says, "internet explorer cannot open this internet site. the it site was unavaible or cannot be found. try again later." the only thing i can do is browse.. i cant download or stream.

What version of Windows are you on? Have you gone to the Microsoft site to check for updates yet?

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Oct 18 2003, 10:38 PM-->
Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Oct 18 2003, 10:33 PM
94RedSiGal
@Oct 18 2003, 10:31 PM
Have you tried rebooting your computer?

with a hammer?

My new favorite tool is that pry bar from the junkyard. :D

worked pretty well when i was fucking up that guys engine. :roll:

zeal: is it possible you installed a proxy server or firewall software?

If you're using Win98/ME with IE 5.0+ run the IE Repair utility.

If you're running XP or 2000 try the uninstall IE option. It runs the repair as well.

IE self fix = good.

if you know a date it started, you can do a restore system settings. start-accessories-system tools-system restore. then just pick a date. you're good to go

hey thanks for all the responses guys.. i have XP Pro and ive dl ALL the updates and check for them everyday.. ive tried restoring my computer, but it said it cant be restored becuase there was no changes.. i tried 2 dates, early this month and middle last month.. didnt work..i dont have any firewalls except the one that you click properties and go advance on the internet options.. worked fine before.. i have no idea what a proxy server is.. B, i cant dl or get ahold of another broswer becuase i cant dl it and ive tried kazaa but no luck.. so my last options are, how do i reset IE??? and how do i get to the self-fix on XP??? i went to add/remove programs and i couldnt find it.. how do i get to it?? thanks id appericate it

alright guys.. I FINALLY FIXED IT!!! after 4 days of frustration i found a fix.. it was my index.dat files.. they were all set to archive and i just resetted them to read-only and what the fuck, it worked.. that was soo stupid.. i hate computers.. anyway, for those who have this problem go to start, search, type in index.dat and right click.. properties and change all of them to read-only.. that should do it..

Back