BROKEN LSD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

ok so i was at the track the other day and i launched and i broke a axle and later found out also my lsd. when not in gear you can spin one wheel and the other one doesnt move or barely moves. when in gear you can spin one wheel and the other one spins in opposite direction. it is a s4c tranny does anyone know where i can get a cheap LSD ? or fix it or i dont know what are my options?

thanks

Quaiffe makes an LSD for the B16 tranny. I know there's a whole list of other companies that do too. but I don't feel like searching through my SCC mags to find it.

has anyone else broken a LSD? right now its acting like a open diff. is it ok to drive ? its not gona like expload on me and destroy my whole tranny right?
cuz i drove it today and it seems find just like a open diff.

if you want to use a type R lsd in your b16 tranny, you will need the ITR final drive kit.

i dont understand. why must i get a type R final drive when my gear ratios are just like the type R? and how does a viscous lsd break?

because the differentials in the B16/LS tranny are physically smaller than the ITR/GSR diff's. therefore the final drive ring gear does not fit on the ITR/GSR lsd, but if you use the ITR final drive kit, then you have a ring gear that fits.

i understand now. thank you now... is the type R helical lsd a gear type like the quife? or is it the same as mine?

quaife is extremely more bombass even though it is a helical like the stock itr. spoon makes a clutch variety lsd which i've been told makes a LOT of noise and since it has a clutch plate you need to open your trans to change (which sucks). quaifes have a limited lifetime warranty even if you race it. check this site here:

group buy center

you can register for group buys to save money and they also have reverse auctions where you put down what you'd like to buy, and vendors bid on you!!! you obviously purchase from the vendor that gives you the best deal...

hope this helps

Originally posted by b18c5crxtasy@Jul 12 2004, 08:30 AM
B16 is that yoda smokin a fat spliff? classy.

you like that huh? :D

Back