Broken Temp Gauge...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was attempting to install some glow gauge faces in my 94 Accord recently; I found out they were total crap, the screw holes didn't line up, so I just said "screw it" and went to take them off. When I took them off, I accidentaly popped the needle off on my temperature gauge.

Has any one ever had this happen to them before?

Is my gauge screwed, or is it possible to fix it somehow?

And...if my gauge is screwed, what's the best way to go here? Honda wants $106 for a new one, and I don't feel like paying that shit. If I were to find a new cluster on e-bay or in a junkyard, do you think I could transfer the gauge over, or is it fairly complicated?

Could I just stick an entirely different cluster in there and use it?

Sorry...just noticed there were a lot of questions there, if anybody knows the answer to any of them, please let me know...

put the need le back on

Uh....no shit sherlock?

I wouldn't be writing this crap if I hadn't already tried that. The gauge doesn't work anymore, it doesn't do anything. And even if you could just stick the needle back on, unless you somehow managed to stick it on in exactly the same spot as where it came off, then it's not going to give an accurate reading.

Sorry man, I don't mean to be an ass, I guess I should have explained myself better.

Does anybody else have any suggestions?

take the cluster apart and set the internals at 0 the reinstall the needle same thing happend to me took about 30 mins to get it to go on correctly

find one in the junk yard. most places have a millon accords. They will give you a good deal i picked one up for my ex for 20.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Sep 28 2004, 02:00 AM
take the cluster apart and set the internals at 0 the reinstall the needle same thing happend to me took about 30 mins to get it to go on correctly
[post=395672]Quoted post[/post]​

Ah ok, now how do I go about resetting the internals?

you mean the odometer? just take the plastic part off and with a flat head move the numbers. if its other then that i got no clue besides unhoox the battery.

did you read his post

ok you remove the back pannel and play with the guts usally it will only take you twisting it forwar just alittle then puting on the needle so the stop pin keeps it from going to far

just pull iut apart and play with it you will see what i mean asoon as you do

sorry i can't be that much of a help but it was just hit and miss trial and error

Back