broken trannies

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TommYnY

HydroLockeD Type-S GuY
whats up hondaswp? hopefully you guys could help me out....i have a b series hydro tranny(not sure what one) and a b16 hydro tranny...both are damaged. on the non b16 tranny this is broken..
picture215zb0.jpg
its part of the diff i already seperated the tranny and removed the diff, the reason i did so is b/c the tranny constantly leaked drips in my pops driveway. other than that its fresh as can be!(i tried jus swapping the seals n still dripped)

Next i have the b16 tranny...its top bolts for the mount are all stripped and the second gear will ALWAYS crunch(if i can even get it in) i mean its bad!!

my first question is how to identify the unstamped tranny...i counted on the ring on the diff 66 teeth...

my next question is is there a way i can swap the diff from the b16 into the working tranny so that the diff doesnt have those cracked case part the axle sit in? hence having a good cased good syncrod tranny.

my third question is the unknown tranny i had in the car makes the gears seem long def longer than the ones of the b16. the b16 makes the car faster(i have a b16 motor) so is there a way i can swap all werkin b16 syncros(-second) use the second from the other tranny into the non stripped casing of the unknown tranny? hence having a fully functional b16 tranny in the unknown trannies case.

if any 1 can help id appreciate it, i am interested in doin all the werk myself and will need as much info on this as possible! i downloaded the service manual and plan on following that...some one plz post other link that may pertain to this if possible ant feedbak isa plus...
thanx

You can definitely swap the diff from tranny to tranny. Depending on what final drive is in each one, you may have to swap the ring gears. Also, when swapping a diff, you're going to have to check the clearance between the gear housing and the diff. You may need to order a new shim in order to bring it within spec.

Also, what type of bearings are on the differential? Tapered/Race style or roller ball bearings? If possible, you'll definitely want to use the roller ball bearings as they are easier to set up.

not sure what type of bearings...there both stock trannies...i will post a pic of the diff in a few.

i tried jus swapping the seals n still dripped
what seal are you using? - the B-series transmissions use 2 different seals on the driver's side depending on which intermediate shaft you have - if you have the intermediate shaft like the 90-93 Integra which has a female end that the male inner CV joint on the axle goes into, you need the 90-93 Integra seal - if you have the intermediate shaft with a male end and axle with female inner CV joint, you need 94&up Integra seal

also.......where the halfshaft goes into the tranny the big washer lookin thing moves all over???left right..it spins...i jus was banging itflush but everytime id go back under there it wouldnt be flush nemore??? i suspected that also for the leak...jus felt dumb askin...
picture239tc1.jpg

That's a 94+ integra half shaft...

That washer should not move on the shaft. It is a dust cap type thing. Even without it the trans should not leak oil.

Back