brought the Ti in for service

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pics lowered, new brakes, and a complete list of everything replaced.

rides good, runs mint. i'm happy, even though it cost more far more than i paid for the car in the first place... oh well,. it needed to be done eventually.

up next is replacing the rear end when it finally blows up... probably going to score an e30 lsd for some taller gearing (5th gear on the highway is too high for me... i would see significant mpg gains with a lower rear end)

and i'd like to get some better seats in it at some point... the stock seats just suck. no support at all.

and, in the spring, i'll be getting some 17's for it. i'll keep the snows on the stock 15's and put 'em in the shed. gotta buy tires anyway, might as well upgade :)

Attachments

• PICT0918.JPG
    PICT0918.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 173
  • PICT0919.JPG
    PICT0919.JPG
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 154
  • PICT0920.JPG
    PICT0920.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 170
  • PICT0922.JPG
    PICT0922.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 232
  • PICT0924.JPG
    PICT0924.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
  • workorder-1.gif
    workorder-1.gif
    28.9 KB · Views: 4,013
  • workorder-2.gif
    workorder-2.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,741
around here it is. I went to autozone and advanced auto and neither carried an oil filter for my m42.

around here it is. I went to autozone and advanced auto and neither carried an oil filter for my m42.
one of many reasons I cross my filter numbers beforehand. I think even Wal-mart should carry it, however I wouldn't trust anything more than a filter from there. Then again it depends on your location.

At least the work is done to the car and not have to worry about ti for a number of miles.

back in the Mini days I tried autozone for all the shit that broke on it...

power steering pump - no gots
cooling fan assy - no gots
rear hub - no gots
a hub puller that could remove the s/c pulley - no gots (but I broke 3 trying to get it off)
CH11S power steering fluid - no gots

-but they did have the oil filter housing socket

I am a Commercial Manager for store 576 in Nixa, Missouri... I can assure you.... this is not the case. They are simply to fucking lazy to walk in the back and look up the number.

if i was making minimum wage i sure as shit wouldnt do it either.

Not directed at TM:

Exactly the reason we have the generation of fuck up slackers that we have. Attitude. You work at an auto parts store - do you think that you are better than that? It doesn't matter what you are paid. You took the job and I am assuming that part of that job description was customer service. I.E. helping the customer - that means walking your lazy ass back to the stock room to see you you carry that part.

First, Not one single individual who works for Autozone makes minimum wage. You have to pass a parts test so you have at least a SMALL counter knowledge and computer literacy. On top of that there are certification tests that are required on certain dates so you have to be able to pass those.

It is simply laziness that happens when you get to the counter and are answered with a "we can't get that" or "no idea" or my personal favorite "No, but if you use product X instead of what you asked for it will work much better"

I fucking hate corporate upselling and the BS that gets tagged into most of the stores. One small hint I can offer to you guys, look at the signs on the outside of the store before you walk in, if one of the red shirts tells you about the products you "need" being one of them outside... it isn't. Second, if one of the gray shirts tells you about a product that works really good and they just happen to have it sitting on the counter with perhaps... a "discount" sign.... don't buy it.

Second, Autozone's parts availability are universal across the states and into most parts of Canada and Mexico.

Tell you what B, give me the year, make, model, engine code, and any other spiffy info you have about that BMW and I promise you they stock the filter and I will personally have your local store call you when it is in so you can come pick it up.

Last edited:
I dont know how I missed this but George @ ICS = badass... His MCoupe is sick , I dont know if you check over on BFC but he pushed the stock s52 over 700hp at the wheels and now rebuilt the motor to put down quite a bit more...

HPF kits are sick but the only downfall is AEM for the control which means emissions = FAIL, OBD plug doesnt work anymore & CEL... I'm not sure how CT is but I know the shops that I am the insurance broker for here in PA&NJ that is a big reason people aren't buying the kit here

Back