Browntop Zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSi86

Fatty
hey guys, im putting a D16A or browntop ZC DOHC in my 86 CRX Si, i know these bolt right in, but what parts from what car do i need to get, for example, what engine harness do i use, stuff like that,

and another question, i want to boost this as well, is it a good block to boost, how much psi can i run on stock internals, if i can at all. Thanks for any help guys.

Yeh I Wasnt Going To Go Over 5 Or 6 Anyways But I Was Just Curious On If You Could Do It On A Stock Motor...

hey guys, im putting a D16A or browntop ZC DOHC in my 86 CRX Si, i know these bolt right in, but what parts from what car do i need to get, for example, what engine harness do i use, stuff like that
you will need parts from 86-89 Integra: transmission, intermediate shaft, axles, knuckles/hubs and shift linkage - it all bolts right in with no modifications - use your Si engine wiring harness - it plugs right into the D16A1 sensors, etc. - for the "browntop" ZC or 86-87 D16A1, you need 86-87 (not 88-89) Integra PG7 (manual transmission) ECU - using the 88-89 Integra D16A1 engine in your Si is a little harder to do since you have to wire up the electronic ignition advance distributor - the 86-87 uses a vacuum advance distributor, as does your Si

yeh i actually jus talked to the owner of hmotorsonline.com and he's got the full swap for 950 shipped. thats got everything i need, tranny ecu, etc... hopefully it will go in nicely, i just need to sell my b20 block and b16 head now, so i can pay for it, if you guys know any one looking for that lemme know, Thanks for all the help guys...

you will need to cut the engine mount by the timming belt or it will rub on the timming belt cover, and there are lots of peolpe running 10 lbs of boost if tuned right I run 6.5 on mine and it wasn't that much power

86-87 d16a1 have 9.3 cr .220 cam lift and 113 hp but if you get a DOHC ZC it has 9.5 cr .236 cam lift 136 hp

ok so i have a D15B7 and the D16A1. Whats the hp between the two and would i get more putting the D16A1 head on the D15B7

d15b7 has about 80 hp but you can't put a d16a1 head on a d15 but if you could you would lose HP what year car do you have because a d15 will not go in a 87 or older and a d16a1 won't go in 88 or newer

why do you think that it wont swap if all D motor parts swap over and why dont you think it will fit in the 2g CRX

a d16a1 is not the same as other d motors it is a dohc other d motor are sohc the reason why it won't go in a 2nd gen crx is the motor mount are in a differint place all three of them a crx tranny will not bolt to a d16a1 or brown top zc but it will bolt up two a black top zc and the motor mount are the same as a 88 d motor. have put a d16a1 in a 86 crx si and I have put black top dohc zc many civic/crx I know all most every thing about civics 84-95 if you go to thezcr.com they have tons of info on dohc zc and you will find every thing I am saying is true I have 1 civic with a dohc zc and a crx with a dohc zc (for sale) and a JR supercharger for a dohc zc (for sale) all done my self I have rebuilt a a lot of civic motor d16a1,d16a6,dohc zc,sohc zc, d15, B16, top to bottom and know all the differints

Why and how does everyone think that a B16 in a ZC now
and the fly wheel does fit if anyone wants proof then ill take pics and if that fits the tranny must fit and if all that fit it can go in the 2g CRX​

Back