BS Tickets

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK starting off i have a bad driving record from 18-19 years old, and lately i have calmed down a lot compared to how i used to drive. But every time a cop pulls me over now it's for the bullshit of reasons.. cause i know they run my plates cause they follow me forever (or they have my picture on the dash) but the last two speeding tickets were both for being "paced" :angry: if anyone knows what possibly can be done, i'm thinking about taking it to a lawyer and filing for harassment.....

let me know what yall think

:withstupid:

and ill add
pay more attention

if they put down "paced" that means they were folowing you

cops are not hard to spot even when you cant see them yet .... look at the traffic around you... learn to read it

isn't pacing where the cop pulls in behind you at the same speed and then checks his speedometer. i know not all cops have radar. you can fight any traffic ticket even though i generally just pay my fine and take def. driving.

Originally posted by comutek@Jul 7 2003, 06:16 PM
isn't pacing where the cop pulls in behind you at the same speed and then checks his speedometer.

yes

And (at least in CO and NM) they have to follow you for 1/4 mile to make sure you were acutally speeding. You should be able to spot a cop sitting right behind you for 1/4 mile.

If your car is marked then why don't you get a new reg and a new car?

It goes by who the car plates and who they are Registered to, not the driver.

if your car happnes to "stick out" they will fuck with you no matter if you are doing something wrong or not. i know this from experience....

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jul 7 2003, 10:01 PM
if your car happnes to "stick out" they will fuck with you no matter if you are doing something wrong or not. i know this from experience....

:werd:

thats one of the reasons i chose to keep a relatively stock looking car
(lowered, quiet exhaust, non-flashy rims) people in "the know" know what they are looking at... cops and the average joe generally dont even notice
i like it that way :)

yup, keep it clean, not too loud, and drive like a bitch in order to save gas and speeding fines and only hit it when necessary to shut the fucking idiot sophmore trying to rev at you and you should be fine.

Milan

Theres a million and one things you can do to fight a traffic ticket, but you must weight your options. Will the time from work/school, lawyer fees, and court costs lessen the penelty of the ticket? Or is it just for name sake. If its to make a point, one wont be made, its impossible. I would just pay mine, and take a taxi! :D

its always worth fighting tickets....

at least send it in not guilty

if they throw it out then you won (insurance rates not effected, didnt miss any work, didnt pay anything)

if they give you a court date then you can still pay off the ticket untill the day of your trial (if your a pussy) (insurance rates go up, didnt miss any work, payed full amount of ticket)

if you go to court for the ticket there is a VERY good chance it gets lowered to a lesser infraction and the fine gets lowered (missed work, payed lower fine, most likely will have less effect on insurance rates)
or it could get thrown out (missed work, no fine, no effect on insurance)

another thing to do is, when you go up to speak with the DA before talking to the judge... ask if you can get the charges dropped in exchange for a charitable donation (there is usually a list of acceptable charities in the clerks office) (missed work, payed an ammount about even with the fine, insurance rates not effected)

you need to remember, its not the $200 fine you need to be worried about.... its your insurance rates going up $300/yr for the next 3 years (dollar amounts are just random numbers... actual figures could be more or less)

so even if you take home $20/hr and miss an 8 hour day of work to go to court and get the ticket dismissed.... you lost $160 from missing work but you gained $200 for not having to pay the ticket and $900 for your insurance not going up.... so your up $940 compared to if you simply sent it in guilty and paid it....

now dont get me wrong there is the chance that you will still be charged with the full amount of the ticket and possibly some court fees and all that other bullshit.... but if the chance is there to end up paying less and having your insurance rates effected less isnt it worth at least trying

another side note.... your driving record does effect the chances of getting the ticket dismissed... if you have a relativly clean record there is a good chance it will be thrown out.... if your driving record is 4 pages long there is a snowballs chance in hell it will get thrown out... but it still could be lowered....
your driving record also has an effect on if you even get a ticket in the first place.... when the officer calls in your info if it comes back clean it is pretty likely that he will let you go with a warning (as long as it wasnt anything too serious)... if your info sucks ass the officer now knows that you make a habbit of driving like an asshole and is not going to cut you any breaks

this may not apply to all areas... i can only speak for CT NY and MA (states where i have gotten tickets and fought them :) )

Originally posted by sisteve@Jul 8 2003, 04:23 PM
i think thats the longest post you've ever made on hondaswap

haha

:lol:

nah not the longest one ... in the top 5 though :)

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 8 2003, 03:24 PM
get a car thats faster than a police car :p

ok i knew this would come up.....

running from the cops - 101

running from the cops is generally FAR more illegal than whatever the cop might be pulling you over for in the first place...
so right off the bat your taking it from a simple traffic violation of some sort, and turning it into an actual crime.... also know that if the chase goes on for more than 5 min and they catch you, you ARE going to get the shit kicked out of you.

now the decision to pull over or run is a hard choice to make... may factors must be weighed within a split second... here are a few:
1.) what are you doing that the cops are going to pull you over for
2.) has the cop gotten a good look at you yet
3.) do you have a clean line of exit
4.) where is the cop
5.) are you willing to deal with the reprocussions when you get cought

a few general rules:
if you cant compleatly lose the cop in 20 seconds or less... its not a good idea
if the cop is behind you and already up to speed... it is not a good idea
if you dont know the roads around you well... its not a good idea
if they have hellicopters where you are... its not a good idea

the most important thing is to get out of the cops sight.... we've all heard "you cant outrun the radio".... well this is partly true... if the cop cant see you any more he cant really tell anyone where to go to get infront of you.... he can however call out your description to any cops in the area, with a general idea of where you are... and if they see you your fucked... so basicly if you cant be a complete ghost in 20 seconds or less they will catch you.... and dont forget just because they didnt catch you right now dont think they wont be looking for your car for the next few days/weeks/months/how ever long they want to

so overall its a bad idea
dont do it

notice the :p face.

obviously you have to be pretty smart and in the right situation to outrun a cop. Because if your not, it only happens once usually :p

aka blowing by a cop at 100+mph while he is a.) stopped b.) opposite direction. Depending on the situation, you have a pretty good chance of getting away. There aren't many other situations though, unless your car is ridiculous and you can just straight out outrun them.

Back