Bseries flywheel bolts vs Dseries !!!FACT!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

Okay there are alot of people on these sites that answer Q's and don't know what they are talking about. Are Bseries Flywheel bolts the same as Dseries? NO, there different. I have them sitting here right in front me. Bs are almost an inch and a 1/4 long. Ds are like exactly one inch. Can you use them? Yes. Is it safe? I wouldn't use them. People already have problems with them backing out so imagine with a shorter bolt. The reason I'm leaving this info is because alot of people that don't know for sure say you can, and can delay people that are doing swaps with wrong info. On another site this guy that was suppose to be one of the best techs on the site said they were the same.
Also, I don't know about 93-down, but 94-01 Bseries should say 23 on the head of the bolt. Just remember JORDAN's old Number.

yep. y r these so called honda gods sayin dat these bolts r da same. da b series is longer dan da d series. if i put the d series in my swap n smack i will come to all da peoples who say day r da same size bolts house and smack dem with my flywheel

Originally posted by 95crazycoupe@Jan 8 2005, 04:04 PM
yep. y r these so called honda gods sayin dat these bolts r da same. da b series is longer dan da d series. if i put the d series in my swap n smack i will come to all da peoples who say day r da same size bolts house and smack dem with my flywheel
[post=443048]Quoted post[/post]​

speak english.

wtf mate? Why would you use d-series stuff on a b-series engine anyway? Pointless thread. If you torque a bolt down correctly, you shouldn't have any backing out issues. The end.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jan 9 2005, 05:20 AM
wtf mate? Why would you use d-series stuff on a b-series engine anyway? Pointless thread. If you torque a bolt down correctly, you shouldn't have any backing out issues. The end.
[post=443295]Quoted post[/post]​

What do you mean pointless thread. People use certain Dseries stuff on Bseries engines to save $ due to the fact that most are doing a swap, and already have a Dseries engine with everything like Injectors for there year an OBD and a whole lot of misc things. I posted this thread to let people know you can't use D flywheel bolts, because I PMed a moderator on another site that was suppose to be one of the best on the site and this is what he wrote

the flywheel bolts are the same. the pressureplate bolts might be alittle short if anything but they will work in either b or d series. the only flywheel bolts you shouldnt use are from an auto. they are much shorter and will pull themself out of the threads.

This hear delayed my swap because I went to the Acura dealer to buy 2 since I know the D has 2 less than the B and I was going to use the other 6 from my d15b7. But something told me to go to honda and order 1 d15b7 to compare. When they came in I noticed the difference. That made me have delay even more because parts like that aren't in stock and must be ordered buy the dealer.

Back