BUAHAHAhahahaahahahahha....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jan 29 2004, 05:19 AM-->
Rabinzero
@Jan 28 2004, 08:02 PM
Cool to be black or ghetto? There's a huge difference there. See I'm black...but you wouldn't catch me with my pants hangin, talkin the slang, and walking the streets with my new fresh kicks. Watch how you use the phrase "being black"

That's like seeing a nerdy black guy with glasses and a laptop in his hands and saying, "He thinks he's white". Just cause he's educated does not classify him as white. I know plenty of ignorant white folks that are worse then ghetto black people ;)

My two cents of course

but how i used it, is exactly how mc donalds is using it.

its hip hop.
its 10 black dudes playing basket ball.
and its cool.

there's no white dude there. its a black thing. not a ghetto thing.

and i hate how they are marketing on it.

cuz i'll say it again:

It's a god damn hamburger.

Good point! McDonald's flies with whatever they think is "in" at the moment. Remember the, "We love to see you smile" commercials? So well said...lame marketing on McDonald's part. Next we'll see fiestas and kids at a hispanic family reunion eating big macs instead of taco's and fajitas. You're right...they stereotype whatever race they're showing. Unfortunate for them because they tend to lose the race of customers they are trying to target.

Originally posted by Rabinzero+Jan 29 2004, 12:45 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 29 2004, 05:19 AM
Rabinzero
@Jan 28 2004, 08:02 PM
Cool to be black or ghetto?  There's a huge difference there.  See I'm black...but you wouldn't catch me with my pants hangin, talkin the slang, and walking the streets with my new fresh kicks.  Watch how you use the phrase "being black"

That's like seeing a nerdy black guy with glasses and a laptop in his hands and saying, "He thinks he's white".  Just cause he's educated does not classify him as white.  I know plenty of ignorant white folks that are worse then ghetto black people ;)

My two cents of course

but how i used it, is exactly how mc donalds is using it.

its hip hop.
its 10 black dudes playing basket ball.
and its cool.

there's no white dude there. its a black thing. not a ghetto thing.

and i hate how they are marketing on it.

cuz i'll say it again:

It's a god damn hamburger.

Good point! McDonald's flies with whatever they think is "in" at the moment. Remember the, "We love to see you smile" commercials? So well said...lame marketing on McDonald's part. Next we'll see fiestas and kids at a hispanic family reunion eating big macs instead of taco's and fajitas. You're right...they stereotype whatever race they're showing. Unfortunate for them because they tend to lose the race of customers they are trying to target.

No, they don't... they're still the largest burger franchise, and will be forever, no matter what marketing ploy they use.

This ad is indeed real. I saw it today in the Transworld MotoCross magazine. It was on page 65. When I saw it I was like you gotta be kidding me. All along I thought it was photoshopped, but to our dismay it is real. Another example of McDonald's trying to capitalize on what's hot at the moment.

Back