Buddy Club Vtec controler info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm kind of interested in the Vtec controlers but I don't know if a lot of people know this but Buddy Club makes one (i call it poor man's Vtec controler) with one knob that has a high and low setting. Should I spend $300 on APEXi or get Buddy Club's $60 controler. * You can see this Buddy Club Vtec controler in the newest Import Tunner under the greatests parts under $150.

vtec controllers are basic. All they do is controll vtec and that is it. Vafc's and such are more usefull especially in turbo situations because they tune many different aspects of the engines management. Many see them simply as fancy vtec controllers but in fact they are more like piggyback engine management systems. They are by the way very effective. We just did one one my friends da turbo teggy, ran much better with a vafc2 then with the fmu that was supplied.

It's useless to change just your VTEC activation point without tuning to adjust the fuel maps to accomodate the change. Moving your VTEC engagement up or down without retuning your fuel map is a good way to hurt your engine.

good info here. i was thinking about getting the same thing too. i guess i will wait and get something after i have made some power.

Back