Budget turbo setup.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sprayin95hatch

ok im wanting to boost my 93 del sol with a d16z6 and was wondering what some cheap stuff to get that isnt crap. im not wanting to boost alot 6-8lbs.. im going to buy a front mount but as fas as shich turbo, etc what should i get. im on a budget so i cant get anything crazy. i heard hf manifolds work decent for a budget turbo setup.

My other question is my d16z6 has scat racing rods, arp heads studs and rod bolts, cometic head gasket, and 10.5:1 forged srp pistons with je pro seal rings. is this setup safe to boost 6lbs with the right octane gas, and proper tuning? or should i put the stock pistons in with all the stuff listed above..

with proper turning (uberdata for budget) and a small boost setup (how about a nice t3 60 trim at 6 psi) i don't see you having any probelm. the compression isn't that high, really.

i think you should take a look at homemadeturbo.com
thats what they do- budget turbo setups.

so you basically have a semi built bottom end, lol, you could throw 12 psi at it all day long, your comp. isn't too high, as long as it's tuned good, that's all that matters. yes, the hf manifold can be used with an adapter plate to bolt the turbo where the cat use to be. i've seen people build turbo set ups for 500 dollars, you just have to know what are the neccessities and what are extra's. www.homemadeturbo.com is your friend ;)

thanks, this helps alot.. its good to no that if i ever want to push more that 6 or 8 lbs that i can as long as its tuned right. where can i get the adapter plate at for that manifold?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 1 2004, 03:59 PM
search god damn it
[post=410178]Quoted post[/post]​

stop being a dick god damn it

the adapter plate is pretty much just a t3 or whatever turbo you plan to use flange welded onto a cut off/cat off hf manifold.

here's your adapter plate, you can get one for just about any style turbo to mate up to the hf manifold. i think they're about 40-50 bucks, from these guys, they're good people too, might take a couple days to answer your email b/c they're usually pretty backed up.

http://www.bmcrace.com/adapterplates.htm

thanks, that link helps me alot.. and as for the the idiot why are u going around reading post if your going to be a fuck bag and make fun of people asking a question.

Back