Build no.2 ls or gsr block with b17a head?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtecgt35r

I've got a b17a head with stock valves, Eibach springs, rev retainers, CTR intake cam shaft and stock exhaust cam shaft. Turbo setup: GT35R (dual steel bb), full race manifold replica, 3" dp and exhaust, spearco ic, Tial 35mm wg, 880cc injectors, 255lph Holley intank, Hondata s200.

I plan on getting either a b18a1 or b18c1 block sleeved to 84mm by Benson Machine. I need opinions on what combination to go with. What's a more reliable setup, b18a/b or b18c1 block? Could I use the ls crank in the gsr block or just stick with the ls block. Is the b18a1 block going to have to much side load force on Benson sleeves for a turbo application? Is it better to go with the gsr block as the crank was made for higher rpm plus less side loading force to Benson sleeves. Also the gsr has the factory block girdle and oil squirters.

I think you answered your own questions. The gsr block is more money but has a couple extra things in it.

Yes, the ls stuff will fit in the gsr, provided you use it all (crank/rods stroke/length from the same motor)

If you can afford it, the gsr block is obviously slightly better. If not, the ls will suit you fine too.

(Sorry for caps, working in caps)

_____

Sorry B, had to copy/paste/change case/copy/paste for half a second there- just helping ya out :p

hey in order to get the crank passed the oil jets on the block you must!! knife edge the crank.

Back