Build Sheet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Treezy

Evasive Illusions
Hello from Iraq. I'll be here for just under a year so I figured its the perfect time to start my engine build. I'll list what I'm looking to achieve with this build and then what I already have planned. Feel free to comment or offer your opinions, the more technical expertise the better.

1995 Honda Civic
Engine Build: B18C/ITR bottom, B16 Head
Goal is 550-600whp, no more at this time but maybe 650-700 down the road. My goal for now is ONLY 550-600, staying closer to 550. The car may be taken to the strip, but only rarely for time slips. It's being built primarily for show, but will spend the first few years in europe getting broken in. It will be driven maybe a couple times a month and taken to top end. Any impromtu racing will be done from speed, no launches, but want to build for it just in case. Would like to go with a dizzy-less setup on ignition. Car will be boosted, race fuel, no spray.

B18C Block
B16 Head
Block work/sleeving/pnp
Cp pistons
Eagle Rods
Skunk2 Pro1 Cams
Supertech Valves
ARP Studs
Crankshaft, knife-edged and polished
Supertech Springs
Supertech Titanium Retainers
Cometic head gasket
skunk 2 composite fuel rail
Victor X manifold
skunk2 70mm throttle body
Precision injectors - 1000cc
Walbro Fuel pump
ACL Bearings
Hondata S300
NGK Spark plugs
Bushing Kit
Magnecor Wires
Hasport Mounts
Unorthodox Racing pulley
Exhaust - Skunk2 Mega Power RR 3"
Wastegate - Tial 44mm
BOV - Tial
Hondata IM gasket
AEM FPR
Vibrant Intercooler
Mishimoto Radiator
Samco Hoses
Pro Drive oil pump gear
Coil/ignition - AEM
Cam Gears - either S2 or venom
Top-mount Gt30r
ACT clutch kit/flywheel AI4-XXG6
oil pan (wet), moroso
stainless steel fuel lines
GSR transmission
DSS 3.9 Axles
Chase Bay harness
Rear disc brake swap
GloShift Gauges
LSD (Quaife, mfactory??)

Let me know if I missed anything, don't have a lot of time on the comp out here. The build will be done and tuned by a reputable company that many of you probably know (won't mention them until i start the build). And for those who are in rush to see this started, please note once again that I'm in Iraq right now so it's not gonna happen like that. I'm forecasting the build to take place in March. Right now, I'm just looking to narrow down and finalize my build sheet. Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Wow.. nobody huh?

I'm scrapping my ITR block for the build so the B16 head is out as well. I'll be running a full GSR setup now. I'm selling the civic and will be picking up a CRX to swap into. I'm trying to decide which cams to use. Still planning to go S2, just gotta figure out which ones i want.

still looking for the right ignition setup.. will probably post the question in another thread section.

I'm also wondering if there'll be any issues using such a large fuel setup after I tune it back.. I'm looking to drop my numbers to around 350whp after the dyno so i can actually get traction on the street. I may drive it more than I originally anticipated, but as you can see there's no mention of a suspension or wheel & tire setup on my build sheet. That won't happen until I get overseas, so until then i gotta do what i gotta do. Will the tuning alone be enough to drop the fuel rate that much, or do I need to look at smaller injectors to make sure I don't flood the engine?

your build sheet looks pretty good. one thing i see that youre missing is a Limited Slip Diff. I have an mfactory, and love it. the difference between 320whp on an open diff and 320whp on an lsd is unreal. car used to spin through third gear, now it spins lightly in the top of first, and grabs in every other gear. well worth the $$$.

i am currently @ 320whp on 1000cc RC injectors with no issues. its all in the tune.

Outstanding.. I was concerned that even with the tune the fuel would still be flowing more than I wanted. Last thing I wanna do is damage a fresh build, especially after putting so much into it. As for the LSD, I've been looking at a few of them, just haven't figured out which one to roll with. But good point, its on my list here, just overlooked it on the thread post, thanks!

Still trying to come up with a good ignition setup.. Anything else I missed on the list? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
honestly the stock honda ignition system is pretty damn good. id say leave it in there unless it gives you issues on the dyno. ive seen a few builds with 500+whp on stock ignition systems.

I'll keep looking around for an ignition setup just in case and talk to some companies. If the stock will hold up on the dyno then I'll definitely stick with it for a while longer since it'll drop to 350, which is more than manageable for it. That would give me about another year while I work on my suspension setup, cage etc.

yeah, i havent had any problems with the stock ignition system so far.

if you must look elsewhere though, MSD is probably going to be the best choice.

I wasn't happy with MSD.. I tried getting info through them and e-mailed them for product catalogs and no response. I used the 6AL setup on my s10 and it was fine, but thinking maybe AEM dizzyless now for my honda. Thanks!

Back