1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buildind a d16

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by b16civic, Feb 7, 2007.

1. b16civic

b16civic New Member

ok i just swapped my motor for a low milage one. i want to take my old block and build it. i want to shorten the stroke but still run high or normal compression. i was wondering if i could put shorter rods in it then run high compression pistons. i just want the motor to handle really high rpms. does anyone know how to do this. thanks

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

You can't destroke a D16 without a custom crankshaft. Shorter rods will do nothing but lower compression- they won't shorten your stroke.

A properly built D16 can run to 8500rpm without any problems (sometimes more) without spending too much cash on it.

3. b16civic

b16civic New Member

well my grandfather used to build motors back in th eday and he said he had a 283 that would run up to 11 grand and i love hearin a car wind out and runnin high rpms so i was wondering if there would be a way to get it to run about 10 or 11 grand. without hurting it to bad.

4. phunky.buddha

You can, but you'll need a custom crankshaft. There's no reason to rev that engine that high- but if you really want to, you should get an F20C or a B16B, then play with those.

5. phunky.buddha

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted