buildind a d16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16civic

ok i just swapped my motor for a low milage one. i want to take my old block and build it. i want to shorten the stroke but still run high or normal compression. i was wondering if i could put shorter rods in it then run high compression pistons. i just want the motor to handle really high rpms. does anyone know how to do this. thanks

You can't destroke a D16 without a custom crankshaft. Shorter rods will do nothing but lower compression- they won't shorten your stroke.

A properly built D16 can run to 8500rpm without any problems (sometimes more) without spending too much cash on it.

well my grandfather used to build motors back in th eday and he said he had a 283 that would run up to 11 grand and i love hearin a car wind out and runnin high rpms so i was wondering if there would be a way to get it to run about 10 or 11 grand. without hurting it to bad.

You can, but you'll need a custom crankshaft. There's no reason to rev that engine that high- but if you really want to, you should get an F20C or a B16B, then play with those.

Back