building a 90 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

I am purchaseing a 1990 Honda CRX Si and was wondering what i can do to make it go faster w/o swaping the motor. i was thinking of a d16z6 but it don't seem to be woth the money cause it's not all that much more power than a souped up 1.6 non vtec. i am building a car mainly for show(rice if you will) but i would like to still have some sac in my ride.

p.s. it alredy has catback and shortshifter

If you are going for "SHOW", that pretty much means you will be adding alot of useless weight. More weight=less "sac." There is always bolt ons, but you aren't going to notice anything great, it would probably just make up for your "show" stuff. I guess there is always turbo.......

Just take the money you were going to use to buy rice, and put it into a motorswap.

A friend did a minime on a 92 dx, dyno gained approximately 27 hp to the wheels, you need the head and an MSD rpm switch.... Its not a hard conversion to do, just takes some time. If you want quick power, get an ecu out of a 90-93 integra, or a ZC computer. They have a more aggressive fuel map. Let me know if this works for ya!

well i'm think'n entire D16Z6 swap. It seem like a one of the cheapest swaps and it seems like it will still have some sac. Anybody have a clue how much HP a D16z6 could have with intake/header/catback exaust/and a nice light set of rims?

Originally posted by MaliWho97@Aug 29 2003, 02:27 PM
A friend did a minime on a 92 dx, dyno gained approximately 27 hp to the wheels, you need the head and an MSD rpm switch.... Its not a hard conversion to do, just takes some time. If you want quick power, get an ecu out of a 90-93 integra, or a ZC computer. They have a more aggressive fuel map. Let me know if this works for ya!

don't want to mess with your trend but i want to do the 92 dx vtec head and was wondering if you had some thing like a step by step email me please here it is speeding88@hotmail.com

Back