1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

building a b16

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by wisemansoji, Aug 31, 2003.

1. wisemansoji

wisemansoji Senior Member

does putting in higher compression pistons give you more power, why is this, forexample spoon offers some pistons for a b16 and a head gasket the increases compression. Plus I have been looking at 1.8 l upgraded stroker kits for my b16 are these worth putting in and what benifit will i get outta it, spoons is 1100 where toda's is like 2400.........both offer the smae parts in the kit whats up with the price difference.

B16 spoon header skunk2 cam gears and aem intake,Apexi N1 cat exaust is what i got in my 94 HB

2. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

yes increases C/R gives u more power, it also restricts alot of things, like turbo, or even nitrous use. it also makes u use higher octane gas which is annoying. for a b16, i wouldnt do anything really, keep it almost as u have it, throw in some cheaper cams, try crower. get some valve springs and retainers to handle 9000 RPM's, then get an ecu to handle the new power curve. after that throw a bottle on there and u should be in the 12's with a good clutch and good driver.

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

GSR bottom plus jdm ITR oversized pistons will do it, and cost roughly 1k. That way you get higher compression with a 1.8, don't stroke it mang....

Milan

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted