building a b18

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96civhb

i am starting to plan a b18 motor build-up that i will be putting into my 96 civic hatchback. i would like to use all forged rods, pistons, crank, valves and upgraded cams. i was also thinkin about doin a street/strip port and polish. i would like to build this motor so after running it all motor for awhile i can put a turbo on it and the engine will be able to handle it(will i need to lower the compression?)

what do u suggest i do, what kind of block should i get an OEM or a Dart block

also who makes all the best rods, pistons, springs, cams, i was thinkin about doin all Skunk2

Give me your input and i will deffiniatly take it into consideration while planning my build.

seriously the "best" is an opinion. you dont need an aftermarket crank. oem honda is good. but, eagle and wiseco get my votes.

IIRC skunk2 doesnt make rods, pistons, cranks... just cams, gears, valves springs, valves and retainers.

I like JE for pistons (just cause thats all anyone i know uses).

Wiseco and eagle are definitely good when it comes to rods and cranks.

cams....crower/skunk2

I really dont know about the rest of the stuff, we used some kind of titanium valves for the B20 we just did, but i dont know who made em. There is a good chance they were custom.

If you put in some high compression pistons 10.5:1 or higher you may want to trade out the pistons for some 9.0:1 or 9.5:1 but hey there are people here that run 10.0:1 in their turbo setups so hey just my .02. Oh and for cams you should go with the new Skunk2 Pro Series I have read good stuff about them.

biggest word of advise is to do more research, alot more. look into getting a block sleeved. also make a list of what you want of your build like power goals, and money you have to spend. i would stay away from junk 2 parts from things i have read about there products and there people just being complete dickheads.

Back