Building a B20 Block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

I have a little dilema here. I've been thinking about getting a B20z bottom end to build and eventualy put with my exsisting setup. I'm wondering if its worth molesting my stock B16a but i need some tq and i'm not sure if there are better ways. I don't plan on re-sleeving it or even boreing it over the stock 84mm. My main question is what would i need to do along the lines of rods/pistons, to be able the rev it to 8,000 + rpms?

arp rod bolts to rev to 8k. im not sure if its worth it to just throw the head on the b20 block though. the much higher compression gives your more bottom. i would say pistons and rods to make to make it worth your while

Yeah I was definatly looking into pistons and rods. Any suggestions for what brand? Links? When i look I can't find high comp. pistons for stock bore.

CP or Wiseco pistons, Probe rods. You're not going to find many for the stock bore. 84.5mm is pretty popular though.

my cp's are off the shelf 84mm. but the b20 sleeves are the weakest sleeves of the bseries. im not sure what kinda power you want to put down but your going to need a very good tune. little detonation will crak a sleeve.

you mean to tell me that in an NA set up; the b20 sleevs will fail under minimal detonation????? under 12CR

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah I was definatly looking into pistons and rods. Any suggestions for what brand? Links? When i look I can't find high comp. pistons for stock bore.

Endyn or Import Builders for rods and pistons and then to make it rev high some cams, dual valve springs, and some titanium retainers. Look into those new Skunk pro Series cams they are getting great reviews.

Quoted post[/post]]
my cp's are off the shelf 84mm. but the b20 sleeves are the weakest sleeves of the bseries. im not sure what kinda power you want to put down but your going to need a very good tune. little detonation will crak a sleeve.

Again, they're not made of glass. All motor on a stock B20 sleeve will be fine.

cheap way to make power:

eagle rods
ctr pistons
skunk2 pro 2 cams
valve train to hold it.
a real header and hi-flow cat, and a skunk2 im will help

that will probably bump you 20 whp ish

oem civic type r are not forged...

i'm lost..why must you be so vage B....i thought the wrist pins were different..or something like that

Quoted post[/post]]
cheap way to make power:

eagle rods
ctr pistons
skunk2 pro 2 cams
valve train to hold it.
a real header and hi-flow cat, and a skunk2 im will help

that will probably bump you 20 whp ish

I have a straight cat already, i'm waiting for the tanabe that should be in today to put it on. All those goodies are gonna run me about the same amount of dough a supercharger would.

Back