Building a Boosted motor...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WiggerMan

I am pricing out and planning out what I would like to do when I finally get home and build my motor, I want it to be a turbo'd beast and have been reading various topics about this stuff and was wondering about Compression mainly, like what compression pistons I should go with on turbo and whether I should get dome/dish pistons or what? This is all for a rough rough draft of my motor so any help is appreciated.

If you go with the LS engine, you can keep the stock 9:1 compression. For boost, this number works great. You can go higher but that means your going to have to do a lot better job tunning.

Well im planning on re-building a B18C motor from the bottom up and was just planning out what i was going to do, I'll post a list of what I plan on putting in there as soon as i get back from the store and you guys let me know what ya think

well if I was going to boost, and actually had a low low budget. Then i would most likely do the following.

B18c
drag/rev hard kit with t3t4, tial waste
clutch (rps turbo/act/CM)
hondata
9.5:1 to 9.0:1 comp pistons (somewhere inbetween)
rods (crower)
sleeves (darton)
itr intake manny
lsd

tune, tune, tune.

With something like this you could get very very nice slips.

I am sure B will tell different though, but this would be my generic set up that I just did off the top of my head, but no turbo for me. Motor man.

Milan

Well heres the semi-official list:

B18C
Crower Rods
JE Pistons
Darton Sleeves
Hondata
Quaife LSD
Eagle Crank (Knife Edged)
Crower or Spoon Ti Valve springs/retainers
CM Clutch

Now I am undecided on the IM, Flywheel and Turbo; Saw in super street that some guy that split from Turbonetics was on his own and has his own Turbo Company, Innovative Turbo. So I may look into his company before I make any decisions.

Also going to have the head ported and polished as well as a valve job. I saw with the Darton sleeves that they have a 84mm bore and I was wondering if it would be better to get the 84mm pistons to match or to just get the 81mm ones. The thing about the 84mm ones is that they only have 9:1 or 10.5:1 for choices and the 81mm ones have the 9.8:1 that I would prefer. If anyone has any suggestions on anything else throw em in there I am relatively new to the whole building process but know a good deal due to working with a bunch of motorheads... only problem is they are all for the V-8's. Thanks for the input in advance
:thumbsup:

Like i said turbo isn't my forte, PM pissedsol for soem advice on set up as for your future plans.

Milan

sounds like you're on the right track...

If I had to do it again....

b18c:

RS Machine sleeved 84mm
10:1 CP pistons
Pauter rods
ARP head studs
b16 head
jg victor X manifold
720-860cc injectors
gsr/quaiffe tranny
ACT extreem pressure plate/4puck clutch (with springs)
full-race.com turbo kit with a precision sc61 or sc63
hondata s200/b
5 hours on the dyno
traction
11, if not 10s... pretty easily

Back