Building a Box

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HondaGuy

I am builing a box for my sub and I got the wood and silicon sealer. What type of carpet is the best to use I tried a type from a local Lowes and it was to thick and it was the thinnest they had there! any help I can get is a appreciated! Thanks!

You should just be able to goto a local stereo shop and buy the carpet from them. Or just call them and ask where to buy the carpet locally !!!

beilive it or not wall-mart sells automotive carpet in any color. its what most of the subs ive seen have been used with just glue it down.thats what i plane on doing i got one sub in a single sub box but im tierd of this box so im gona build a new one.

Originally posted by PHOBIA@Mar 4 2004, 02:22 AM
beilive it or not wall-mart sells automotive carpet in any color. its what most of the subs ive seen have been used with just glue it down.thats what i plane on doing i got one sub in a single sub box but im tierd of this box so im gona build a new one.

i agree.

its not too thick, and cuts easy. it smells for a week or so, though.

EDIT: 8 bucks a roll.

yeah, the past four boxes I built for people have been covered in walmart carpet- holds up pretty good- but yeah def. stinks for a week or two- Just FYI contact cement worked great for holding the carpet to the box- Let's see some pictures when you're done

Back