building a d15b7 for boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cxjon

here it goes just last week i bought a d15b7 from seanjuan for the tranny for dirt cheap.... the motor burns oil like a mofo. the tranny is going in to my civic as we speak... so my question is since i have this motor what are some good parts to build it for turbo ie: pistons, rods, valve springs and cam. i cant save money worth a fuck so i am ruling out a b motor swap unless i win the lotto. any help would be great... thank you

don't. boost it. when it blows up, buy another d-block.

rods/pistons/valsprings/cams will cost more the same as a b16 swap would probably.

just boost it, blow it up, and when it does, swap in another d15 that you picked up for $50.

Come on B, what's with all the cop out replies lately?

Jon, if you can find a D16 crank, you can use B16 rods mated to 1st gen JDM Supra turbo pistons. There's a guy over on HT that's selling used B16 rods mated to used Supra pistons with new rings for $500 shipped. Do a search in the FI board for "D series pistons and rods" or something. I think the guys username is pandaek.

The best part? That setup will handle ~18 PSI daily with an absolut threshold of 22 PSI. If I still had my Civic, I'd be building up another Z6 using this setup. There's more than a couple guys on HT running those pistons and rods and swear by 'em.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Aug 19 2003, 03:32 PM
Come on B, what's with all the cop out replies lately?

Jon, if you can find a D16 crank, you can use B16 rods mated to 1st gen JDM Supra turbo pistons. There's a guy over on HT that's selling used B16 rods mated to used Supra pistons with new rings for $500 shipped. Do a search in the FI board for "D series pistons and rods" or something. I think the guys username is pandaek.

The best part? That setup will handle ~18 PSI daily with an absolut threshold of 22 PSI. If I still had my Civic, I'd be building up another Z6 using this setup. There's more than a couple guys on HT running those pistons and rods and swear by 'em.

thats fucking crazy.... whats the fi boards?

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Aug 20 2003, 10:37 AM

thats fucking crazy.... whats the fi boards?

Go to Honda Tech and look through or do a search in the Forced Induction board.

i wrote him a letter... i hope he gets back to me soon. how much would you think the head work will cost

What head work? Yes, a Z6 crank will work.

Also, please cut down on all the one sentence posts. I just deleted four of yours that didn't need to be there. Like the one about sending a PM. Or the one about how you think it's a good idea. It just clutters up an otherwise informative thread. If you're the last one to post, and you forgot to add something, feel free to edit your own post rather than make a new one.

i am sorry.. one thing i notice when you edit most people might not notice if there was new info on this thread if there not fallowing the thread.....

Good point, its like ttt, or a bump, it just brings the topic back up to the top so others who havent been following the topic or whatever can get to see it.

My one sentance statements are like a bump for the thread.

Back