Building a GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok i want to build a streetable GSR motor.I dont want to turbo it or supercharge it.I will be running a shot of nitrous tho.I am going to run a Act clutch and flywheel.The exhuast is going to be DC 4-1 headers with all 2.5 piping into a skunk2 catback.Now tuning is going to be a problem where i live because noone can really do it.I live in upper NY right on the canadian boarder.So what eles should i do to make this a monster with out boring and so on?Also if you could tell me what size injectors and so on that would be great.Money is not really an issue but i'm not looking to spend anymore then 2 grand on the motor alone.I will already have the motor i just wanna put about 2 grand into after the fact.Thanks guys

Buy the plate kit from NOS and keep the motor stock for the most part.

I recommend a timing retard system when the Nitrous is activated, run colder plugs, and always run a minimum of 93 octane fuel.

If you want, and if it fits in your budget, scrap the NOS and just get a Greddy GSR turbo system. Good reliable power all the time, not just a button push away.

I've been both routes, and let me tell you, NOS is cheap HP, but it's still expensive to run and maintain.

If I could do it all over again, I'd just get the Greddy kit, a Hondata S200 and have it tuned.

My buddy did a similar setup and got 270WHP from his Greddy GSR kit. Daily driver and smog legal.

Note: NOT at factory boost levels.

Yeah go E-mail or PM Jeff @ ImportBuilders He'll Help you spend some $$$$$$.

:D :D :D :D

Back