Building a rally EK

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How about i rephrase my above statement, "I DO NOT want to rally anything other then a CIVIC so please dont suggest anything else"
Is that clear enough for you?

not enough, u dont like the idea of a lexus IS300 and do body work to make it look like a civic? they're almost identical. the IS300 is rwd tho, ya kno.

But getting a cheap civic and not having to do the body work just makes the long and expensive build easier and cheaper.

rxcept there's nothing cheap or easy about what you want to do.

Yea I got put in the detailing dept. at Honda.... I applied for a body work position even though I don't have all the necessary experience, well they gave me a detailing position. I get to drive all the vehicles to be detailed, unfortunately most of them are a variety of 08 Hondas. I have more fun driving the Evo's, SRT4's and trans ams

You could hang out with the people who do the diagnostics, and then maybe you could steal me an image of the HIM workstation. Pretty pretty please?

Everyone benefits.

Get nick, how does torquesteer have anything to do with drag racing?

"Invalid album link"

But I followed the little blue icon. :D

Damn eh, that got fucked up. Case in point, I'm not trying to be a dick but shit really does happen when you race...even to experienced drivers. That's why most guys who race pick a car that's already suited towards their goals instead of cutting the edges off of the square peg to force it through the round hole. And when you're a rookie, shit really happens because you don't have the experience to draw on to get out of trouble.

Which brings me back to my point of buying a turn-key car for your first season or two. Wrecking a $2k car is a lot better than wrecking a $20k car...especially if you spend several years building that $20k+ car. You don't spend several years building a race car to be your pride and joy. You do that with a project car. Race cars will break and they will get torn up, even at the professional level.
yea the car was totaled,frame rails bent in and up,,both front tires looked like i lowered the front and didnt adjust camber,,literally the tops were touching the upper control arms,,i guess what im saying is exactly what blanco said,shit happens,mistakes happen,dont spend all that money just to wreck it,,

hopefully this year i wont have to replace alot lol..points races every wednesday starting may 7th,,,
a racer was killed over the weekend at thompson motor speedway,about an hour from me,his car rubbed tires with another,flipped,went over the retaining fence and through the billboard,he died at the hospital

Get nick, how does torquesteer have anything to do with drag racing?

i can tell you..

the straighter the line you take, the quicker your pass. that's the simple easy answer.

you travel less distance if you go straight rather than sideways or zig zag down the track. you also have better areodynamic properties when keeping a straight line. you also get more power to the pavement, which would otherwise be lost in the lsd or open diff bias. and you can better continue your cars momentium by keeping your acceleration more 'constant'.

and you dont look like a foool who cant keep control of his/her car :)

Ahem *clears throat before rant*...You know what's going to happen to this car? The same thing that happens to hundreds of mini-trucks every year. Some fucktard without a trace of suspension, drivetrain, or fabrication knowledge gets their hands on one, cuts it to pieces, and realizes they are in way over their head. Then the pieces get towed off to a junkyard, or better, sit in the woods and rot. That is where this car is going. So, he'll get as far as stripping it and cutting it to pieces. Buy a 95 Impreza awd, no need for an STI. That would be great, cheap, and fun as shit. As far as spending 50k, that instantly flags you as the biggest of idiots to me. Why don't you INVEST your 50k in something that will generate a RETURN ON INVESTMENT. There are thousands of mutual funds that are designed for financial fuck-ups like you to dump money into and earn a dazzling 5% on. But 5% is much better than ZERO percent. Building a rally Civic is a white trash dream. Take my advice. Put your money into something might get you out of the trailer park someday.

"UNDR8D - Pulling no punches since Sept 2007"

:D

Ya, oops. How did I not see that there were already 4 pages? I thought this thread was in its' infancy. Oh well...Oh, and just to let you know Brutal, I love your Avatar. I always feel like I'm being lectured by House. Were I in that position, I would probably sit down and listen to whatever he had to say.

Ya, oops. How did I not see that there were already 4 pages? I thought this thread was in its' infancy. Oh well...Oh, and just to let you know Brutal, I love your Avatar. I always feel like I'm being lectured by House. Were I in that position, I would probably sit down and listen to whatever he had to say.

Haha, I thought I was the only one that felt like that about his avatar.

Nah you're good man, the thread is current. I was going off of the date you joined HondaSwap. Basically I was just saying that you tell it like it is, and I like that!

Oh, and thanks for the props on the avatar, lol. One of my favorite shows ever! :D

Back