building a zc dohc for boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Fernpatch

I am looking to build my dohc zc for boost. I was given a nice barely used t25 and now I am thinking I want to use it. I am going to be looking to get about 225-250hp or so to the wheels. I know the rods will need to be upgraded but I am wondering about what pistons and bearings to use. I don't feel a need to spend like $600 buck on a set of forged units if I don't have to. I am pretty sure that my stock sleeves should hold in the mid to high 200's. I am looking at a set of Nippon Racing pistons JDM ZC P29 Pm7 Dome Pistons Civic Si D16 ZC FREE SHIP:eBay Motors (item 160336492057 end time May-29-09 21:37:10 PDT) and ACL race bearings 86-95 HONDA ZC DOHC 1.6L MOTOR ACL RACE BEARINGS WASHER:eBay Motors (item 200344490500 end time May-27-09 17:30:43 PDT) Has any one tried using these products? I know I will be running Eagle ESP rods so that I am not concerned about. As my motor sits now it has 10.2:1 compression. If i bore it .5mm over it will end up about 10.3:1. Is that to high for a good turbo setup? This is my first time building a motor for boost so any input would be helpful. Acording to the calculators on Zeal autowerks I should be around 260 hp at the crank and 225 at the wheels. using this setup

Nippon pistons are good stock replacements, and ACL bearings work well. That compression ratio won't be too bad on boost, especially at the power levels you're looking at.

Back