Building an all motor/turbo h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the_lude

Hey, I was wondering if any one can give me some advice on building an all motor/turbo set up for a h22. I'm planning on buying all the internals from Crower. Does any one have any advice on what camshafts I should be looking at and if I should leave the intake/exhaust valves at stock diameter or go .5mm or 1mm higher. I want to run high compression 11.5.1, but I know that if I go turbo..I should probably run a lower compression. I want to get a port and polish done as well. As for turbo kits. I want to get the drag gen III, but at the same time..I'm trying to keep it street legal on the streets of San diego. Ha. Does anyone know if the greddy turbo kit will fit on the 4th gen Ludes. Thanks for the help.

Screw crower except for the rods. Go billets or econobillets, they are good. For the valve train, I'd go skunk2 for the retainers and springs, and stage 1 or 2 skunk2 cams if you are going NA, which I am a personal fan of. Oversized valves shouldn't be used unless you have a port flow guru building your own custom manifolds and intake /exhaust system/headwork. In other words, stock valve size should be fine for you, just get some head work done first. DO not run a turbo at 11.5:1 CR unless its like a t25 running at like 3-4 psi. It will blow up. If you want it street legal in SD or just Cali in general, just don't go turbo. The kits that have EO# for them are low power turbo kits, and plus cops are still gonna bust you with it anyway. Especially in SD. I don't think a drag kit will fit an h22 unless it has been designed for an h22. Just go NA. If you are going to go high cr on the h22, you will already be pushing more than enough power. Oh yeah, get the entire reciprocating assembly balance regardless of whether you go NA or turbo.

it seems to me that you havent really made up your mind on the route you want to take.

I suggest to really decide which way you want to go so you can plan and design your motor according to the setup you want to do.

We do H22 turbo and All Motor setups all the time. And just like with any motor, you have to choose the right parts to use in combination with other parts to make it really worth your money.

Back