building b18c turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ef hatch gsr

well like the title says i wanna build a b18c turbo but im new 2 building motors I wanna make at least 400 something HP anyone can help me out here im looking for a good setup

honestly, for turbo cars, its all about the turbo. built the block, i'd do a 2.0 bore, rods,pistons, and if possible get it sleeved if not, at least rehone it. cams dont really matter, i honestly think ppl waste money on cams for a turbo set up, do spring/retainer upgrades. I'd go with a garrett gt35r turbo charger, pump gas at about 15 psi you'll be pretty darn close to 400 if not over.

honestly, for turbo cars, its all about the turbo. built the block, i'd do a 2.0 bore, rods,pistons, and if possible get it sleeved if not, at least rehone it. cams dont really matter, i honestly think ppl waste money on cams for a turbo set up, do spring/retainer upgrades. I'd go with a garrett gt35r turbo charger, pump gas at about 15 psi you'll be pretty darn close to 400 if not over.

400whp you will crack a sleeve or bend a rod for sure. So you will need to sleeve it 350WHP+ if you sleeve go 87mm sleeves ;)

As 5speed says pistons, rods, 1000cc or 1200cc injectors, 255 fuel pump(or bigger, bigger is better) you might start running into fuel delivery problems so a upgraded fuel rail might be needed and maybe ignition problems above 400.

But Cams do make a BIG difference. Turbo cams add a big lift with short duration and short overlap. All help you make more power with less boost.

yeah cams make a huge difference lol skunk2 stage 3 turbo cams will get the job done

learn to read compressor maps for different turbos so that you choose one that will actually work with your set up.

for 400whp you will not need 1000cc injectors. A 255lph fuel pump will be sufficient for 400whp.

I'd leave the stock bore in the motor if you are boosting. No need to take material out of the sleeves if you dont need to. Send the engine to an engine builder ie ERL, Golden eagle etc. they will make sure that your bottom end is nearly bullet proof and make sure that all of your tolerances etc are within spec.

a gt35r for 400hp? sweet jesus.. use a gt30r or similar for this hp range. it will spool quicker and you will have absolutely no problem reaching "400 something" and more. you'll need a 255lph pump, def not 1000cc injectors, but upgraded to maybe the 750-850cc range, and upgrade your fuel rail. Would also suggest a fuel pressure regulator at this point and possibly a decent ecu/ems to help out. As for the cams, decide whats best for you. If you wanna retain your stock-sounding idle, S2 makes the tuner series turbo stage 2 which would be good for this setup. You don't have to bore to make this horsepower, but if you're gonna sleeve it, I would while I was in there. Also, while I've enjoyed reading magana's many posts here on hondaswap, I have to disagree with the statement that bigger is better when it comes to the fuel system. If you were to put a 255lph or larger fuel pump with 1000-1200cc injectors on your car and roll, you'd have a lot more than ignition problems above 400.. You'd probably be wondering why it keeps dying on you and then not starting. Thats what happens when you flood the engine, not to mention you're now showering your piston walls with gas.. fpr+ecu/ems=no drowning. But he does make a valid point.. you might want to look at your ignition setup as well. Even a few moderate upgrades in this area would do you well in the long run.

if I was u man, I would do b20b block and b18c1/5 head. elderbrock intake manifold, aem fuel rail/ regulator and 750cc injectors. also sleeve and hot tank both a mild build on the head. with a simple t3/t4 turbo kit u will push 400whp. I had this setup and it was my dd and I upgraded turbo t70 Garret and tuned my car I ran 546whp dd.

Back