Building daily driver all motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AllMotorB18Civic

Whats the highest compression I can run with 91 octane in California with out having to retard my timing.
I want to run CTR pistons but i dont know if the CR will be to high for dailly driving with 91 octane. If it is im going to run ITR pistons.
Its going into a gsr block with a b16 head (not Milled).

IM almost positive cant be certain but if you use the search tool some has that same setup plus with good tuning you can run high compression at the very least you would just have to use octane booster otherwise i have no more knowledge that i can share

i'll be running 12.3:1 on 91 in my car, using toda pistons. enough fuel and good tuning you should be fine. probably won't pass smog that way though, lol. but if you want to just change out pistons to bump compression, just run JDM ITR pistons.

Will my piston to valve clearance be good with my setup with CTR pistons? GSR block with B16 Head (not milled). I will be runing ITR cams until i pick up a set of skunk2 stage 2 cams. Will the clearance still be ok with the skunk2 cams?
I will be runing duel valve springs, titanium retainers, and stainless steel valves.

CTR pistons in GSR block with B16 head should yield pretty fine with 91 octane. i'm runnin CTR pisonts in GSR block and Head, 91 plus octane booster. Runs fine, but i used a OEM 3 layer gasket. On the skunk2 stage2 cams, i highly recommend that you clay it and degree it.

Back