Building GSR block for boost - HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94CivicSlow

Hello. I have a 98 gsr block. I want to know if I can use a LS crank and rods/ or B20 crank and rods with my GSR block.

I chose the gsr because it has the girdle and oil squirters but I think the LS or b20 crank will be better stroke for boost. I plan on getting Je pistons and eagle rods.

What crank should i go with. I am sleeving the block with GE sleeves. I want to make gobs of torque and 300+whp

i know the ls crank works but im unsure about the rods to use with it. my friend's hatch has a built gsr with an ls crank that makes like 250 na.

I am getting corresponding eagle rods for whatever crank I use

But the b20 / or ls crank fits fine?

Which is better for boost?

Is gettin rid of the GSR crank a good idea?

i think using those cranks just bumps your stroke. and im not sure as to if it is an almost bolt in or if modification is needed. again i just know that my friend is using one in his gsr motor. ill send him a message about it and see if he can help you out.

use the ls crank and rods...remove the oil squirters or knife edge the crank to clear....i would just plug the squirters.....it raises oil psi.........

this is the message i got from my friend and when he had this he had 201whp.

" ls crank in gsr is pretty easy. you have to use ls rods because they are wider and shorter then the gsr ones. also if you plan to keep the oil squrters in the gsr motor you will need to shave 2mm off them or bend them down to clear the ls crank.

also you should have arp rod bolts pressed in because they are alot stronger then the stock rod bolts. if you want to use type r pistions like me you need to shave the ls rods at the end so it will fit in the pistion. or you can use the b16 p30 pistions they go right on the ls rods. as for bearings you can use b16 rod bearings and gsr mains. or have the ls rods tanged for gsr bearings but its not really needed. doing a ls vtec this way cost a lot of money becuase you have to get a gsr block. and all the machine work to make it fit. "

Thanks guys for all of your help.
I decided on the following:

Gsr block (for the girdle and oil squirters)
LS crank, Eagle (ls) rods, JE 84mm 9.4:1 or so
GE sleeves, ITR oil pump, GSR water pump, oem GSR t-belt
Oem crank pulley.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Back