building my swapped d16 for boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dereksdelsol

So far I have eagle h beam rods with cp pistons and rings. Pistons are oem bore, 9.0-1 compression ratio and king bearings. 255 walbro fuel pump, not sure what turbo I want to use my goal is 300 hp. I've got fmic and piping and all oil lines.what should I use to tune? And what size injectors

garrett 60-1 is an excellent turbo, though theres a few different sizes. something smaller on the spectrum might suit you better, since you are building a single cam.

CROME to tune.

youre probably going to need 750cc or larger injectors for that goal. depending on how the tuning goes.

Here's the thing the motor I'm building spun a bearing can I Just get the crankshaft polished since I'm already replacing rods and pistons or is there more to it?

I had spun a rod bearing in my 88 lude and when I speced it, it was too far gone. So more than likely you will have to buy a whole new crank kit. So I would recommend buying the kit and fixing it the right way instead of having the same problem shortly after you get it rebuilt. Once that bearing spun it means your crank is shot. I could be wrong but I'm almost certain you will be buying a crank kit.

a bump is a reply to push the thread to the top of the thread list in the forum.

anyway, theres a chance your crank is alright, depending on how quickly you caught the spun bearing. you might be able to get away with polishing it but theres also a chance youll need a new crankshaft.

Back