Building The Beast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Now that i have my mind set on this h22 and will be ordering it shortly.. I have decided on building this motor up! I just dont know what to run for interals and all that good stuff so i need someone's help to give me a full run down on everything to do to build this motor up and with hold everday driving and the occational abuse on the weekends and a 75 shot of nitrous! Ive been doing some reading on here and notice too that you have to resleeve the blocks on these motors when running aftermarket pistons.. is that true, and if so, is there a piston out there that will work with the stock block! such as maybe the type S? I can afford most of the internals i just dont think i could afford the sleeving and what not... or isnt the sleeving expensive? i just dont know what to do u know... I rather build it right the first time than blowing it up like on all 3 f22's i had! ha Also i have a question about the intake... do you order the accord cold air kit or the preludes? im assuming the accord! When its all said and done with building the internals what do people usually have there rev limits at? is there a chip out there that you recommend? Mugen ect ect the whole ebay chips? thanks for anyones help! I know that this question may help out many off us engine building squids

I'd keep the stock rev limit the same unless you build the head and block to handle more revs.

Forged pistons require a resleeving of the block. JDM Type S pistons (11.1:1) do not.

I'd think that either a Prelude or Accord CAI would fit, but I can't say 100%.

Here's the big question now that I know! How hard is it to take one of these motors down and replace the stocks with aftermarket rods pistons rings ect ect? Is there anything i should know before I do it or should i just have some shop do the dirty work? I mean obviously ive done my turbo installs and all them goodies... its just i havent ever needed... or for that part wanted to take one of these down to the block! thanks for your info!

I don't know nothing but check out www.h22a.org , kinda like this place but with less post.
Read on there that if you plan on turbo or any kind of boost you need to resleeve it because the cylinder walls arealot thinner.

if your blowing up motors left and right I would reccomend learning how to drive, getting proper tuning, and losing the nitrous.

It sounds like what your saying is that this Accord f22 is a great reliable motor if you drive it like a pro as you say! Just doesnt sound right to me... as for tuning what can you do to an f22 to keep reliablity. It may just be me but there really isnt dick out there to build or tune an f22... that could be the reason why im moving to an h22 and so are 90% of the other people on this board who own a f series motor! thats just my 2 cents on your reply! liquid00meth Posted on Apr 20 2003, 09:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if your blowing up motors left and right I would reccomend learning how to drive, getting proper tuning, and losing the nitrous

Hey newbie here; well to this forum, I have been with many others but now I've found this in search of some H22 questions..

But anyways, your CAI question? Get it for the Accord..

I had to dump the F22 a year ago as it wasnt fast enough, lol.. And I didnt want to put a turbo on it, as that is about all you can do with the fricking thing..

Anyways, I have had the H22 now for almost 9 months and love it..

You will see more, peace out!!

J-Rok

Originally posted by importracer@Apr 25 2003, 07:07 AM
I had to dump the F22 a year ago as it wasnt fast enough, lol.. And I didnt want to put a turbo on it, as that is about all you can do with the fricking thing..

Anyways, I have had the H22 now for almost 9 months and love it..

:werd: That F22 was slow as shit. I was barely keeping up with V6 Rustangs. I've had my H22 for 15 months and it's still going strong.

Man i dont know i disagree a little bit with you guys! I thought the f22 was a pretty quick motor... nothing compared to an h but i thought it was fast! I was spraying a 65 shot on a SS Camaro and I ran right with him! He wouldnt even run me again cause he knew I was just as quick as he was.. also another story on some kids at school who had an older trans-am mid 90's and he just talked shit about my car and what not so i ran him one night and had about a three car lead on him.

Back