building the crvtec for boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WannabeSI

what brands/parts do you guys recomend for a good reliable build up? I took out a loan for 8K to build the motor and boost it.

Right now i have-
B20z2 block with si head and GSR tranny
Portflow dual valve springs
aem cam gears
clutch masters flywheel
clutch masters stage 1 clutch
RC310 CC injectors
Aem fuel rail

i am looking at a drag 3 turbo kit
84.5mm pistons
rods
block gaurd
possibly aem ems if i have enough
ti valve spring retainers
JDM GSR LSD
getting the block balanced

anything else i should consider? what brands are best? any help would be great. i have 8k to play with and i want this to be solid and trouble free

personally i have faith in ferrea top end, but when i was gonna build mine, i was going to match all top and bottom end components, i was gonna use crower. grab another stage of clutch, make sure you match your clutch to a minimum of your expected power. whats it goin in outta curiousity? i'm personally using Gator axels for my high power app.

If you have 8 grand, you can probably afford to go with an overbore and darton sleeves. That would allow you to run a LOT more boost.

its being built for my freind dans 2000 SI we had the motor in and running but a valve adjustment nut came loose and shot through the motor ending up in the oil pan and now it is making a ticking noise so he decided this is as good of time as any to get a loan and finish the build.

Back