building the mini me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMB20Coupe

Powerd With 1 Cam
im buildin a mini me for my 95 ex. heres what im goin with. i want opinions so let me know what you think.
y8 block
y8crank
zc pistons
zc rods
blox intake manifold
blox stage 3 cam
310cc injectors
JDM D15b head
dc header
and a 75 shot later down the road

Is that head VTEC? If so, could this technically be considered a mini-me or just a really sweet mix of VTEC parts? :D After all, the block is a VTEC block too.

Dude. That's not gonna work real well.

What about valve train, you're going to use a stage 3 cam with stock valves/springs/retainers? Woah. Just give me the money you're going to spend.

BTW, what's your target HP/L? What is this car? (all out race, DD, or weekend car?)

im gonna switch the valves and its gonna be a weekend quarter mile car. im goin for 230 with juice. and its goin in a 95 civic ex

Sounds like a pretty good build, if you can ide grab a a6 bottom end with a z6 or y8 head, and keep the a6 rotating assembly with maybe some higher comp pistons, itll be angry as hell.

how much would you say you're spending on all this?

not to steal the thread or anything, but to other members.. would everything for a mini me swap for 250 expect an ecu for an auto civi be a good deal??

Depends what it comes with. I got my complete y8 head for about $120 shipped from ebay.

thats what i thought youcould do i just found a couple old y7pumps and the only have like a 1/4 hole on the outlet its like it was cast that way to restrict the flow. blanco what do you know about shiming the pressure regulator spring to raise oil presure.

no there is a spring and a bypassvalve in the oil pump what do you think about shiming it and making the oil pressure a little higher

Back