Building the motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcivicsi

Iam starting to rebuild my blown motor from a bad tune which caused me to melt 2 pistons and score up the cylinder walls not too bad but pretty good.Now here is what I will be doing and I want some input on anything you all think I need that is not in my list or think I need to get something diff.It is a b18c1 with a presicion sc61 turbo,AEM EMS,B&M fuel reg,Walbro 255,RC 550,Full 3" exhaust,Clutchmasters flywheel and an act clutch.This is what I will be adding:
81.5mm CP pistons 9:0 comp.
Eagle H beam rods
Acl bearings
Cometic head gasket
Arp head studs
3gm bar map
Port and polished head
Im shooting for 400whp any input that anyone can give me please let me know.Also it will be a diff tuner this time :mrgreen:

might be close. good thing you got that map sensor...i see 20-25 psi in your future.

Everything seems good, if I i would use different pistons (JE, SRP, Wiseco) and probably clevite77 bearings. Thats really the only difference.

If you are PnPing your head, are you upgrading the valve train or leaving it stock? 1mm oversized would be very helpful in your situation. The better the flow the lower boost you have to run.

I'd actually keep the pistons and bearings the same. CP makes the most precise piston on the market, and ACL race bearings (if that's what he's using) are awesome.

Are you resleeving the block? 400whp is doable without upgrading the head at all too... but if you do P&P and add a nice set of turbo grind cams, you can get to 400whp on much lower boost.

Quoted post[/post]]
might be close. good thing you got that map sensor...i see 20-25 psi in your future.

Everything seems good, if I i would use different pistons (JE, SRP, Wiseco) and probably clevite77 bearings. Thats really the only difference.

If you are PnPing your head, are you upgrading the valve train or leaving it stock? 1mm oversized would be very helpful in your situation. The better the flow the lower boost you have to run.

thats what i have on my all motor beast :) so far the peformance has been great. JE and clevite for my win! I have read and heard only good things about acl and cp. I think your good man.

No not resleeving the block I just had it bored to 81.5mm do I need a block gaurd or anything?I would have went with je but with the je/srp thing dont know which one is the real thing.

If you're really shooting for 400whp, I would definitely consider getting new sleeves. You can do it on the stock sleeves, but just make absolutely sure that your tuning is dead on.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'd actually keep the pistons and bearings the same. CP makes the most precise piston on the market, and ACL race bearings (if that's what he's using) are awesome.

Are you resleeving the block? 400whp is doable without upgrading the head at all too... but if you do P&P and add a nice set of turbo grind cams, you can get to 400whp on much lower boost.
:werd: CP pistons rock! But JE and Wiseco are definitely good too. Definitely grab some turbo cams, they'll net you some decent increases in CFM and you'll be able to push more fuel down the engine's throat = good. PnP isn't totally necessary, but at least get a good multiangle VJ on the intake side, with radiused exhaust seats. That is where most of your gains will come from with machine work.

Quoted post[/post]]
If you're really shooting for 400whp, I would definitely consider getting new sleeves. You can do it on the stock sleeves, but just make absolutely sure that your tuning is dead on.
:werd: Sleeves are good insurane. Bensons, AEBS, and LA Sleeve have VERY Reputaions, and will allow for a little sloppier tuning without risk of killing the block. Do it, especially if you have sunk this much money into the project so far.

Quoted post[/post]]
Screw the cheap bearings. If you're spending that much money on your motor use OEM Honda bearings.
Meh. ACL and Clevite bearings are fine, you just have to make sure the tolerances are within spec. They were not within spec for 3 of my crank main bearings and so I had to go purchase individual bearings from honda. No big deal, just make sure they are within spec, and you'll be good. I'm 100% sure anyone with bad experience with clevite or acl, it was because they just slapped the bearings in the block without checking them first. Never assume anything when it comes to putting new parts in an engine.

On the rods I just want the stock dimensions right?Like the stock length no longer or anything.

The block filling like hotrex did is that a good Idea or no?I dont want 400whp all the time just when I go to the track Im shooting for 350whp as daily.I dont want the stock sleeves to go flying appart.

Yeah HOTREX cracked all 4 sleeves in his motor and melted pistons. dun Great idea that devcon!!

Yeah he didnt post what happened to it here but I seen he did in honda-tech.com Nevermind I wont be trying the block filling.I want to save my motor not blow it again.Thanks For the replies :worthy:

well in his defense at least he wasnt afraid to try it. it takes some smarts to come up with something like that. hell before he blew it up everyone was praising him. anyway he failed so what, i'm pretty sure he prolly trying to figure out another way though yeah i'm still against the fact that he didnt tell us. he should have. But ohh well he has his reasons. GOOD luck with you biuld man

Back