building up type r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

marshall12395

so im building up my type r and i wanna now if i need high compression vavle or standered compression? my build is
Pro Series Valve Set
68mm Billet Pro Series Throttle Body
Tuner Series Valve Spring Set
Pro Series Stage 2 Camshaft
titanium Retainer Set
composite Fuel Rail
Pro Series Intake Manifold with cold air intake
3 inch exhaust with 421 headers
almost of it is all skunk 2

Standard compression is probably fine. You will want to choose pistons to run around 11.5-12.5:1 with those cams. Make sure to get a GOOD header, and tune the crap out of the thing on a dyno. I wouldn't waste your money on the fuel rail. The stock one is just fine for your build. Spend that money on bigger fuel injectors.

so changing my pistons for higher compression?? and i got 421 headers and i putting a 3inch exhaust. what kind of fuel injectors should i use??? im getting it tuned by well know shop. you think my car can handle stage 2 pro series cams cause alot of people are telling me it cant.this build should make some jam???

There are good 4-2-1 headers and there are bad. You want to make sure you have a long tube design with a 2.5" collector. Any smaller and you restrict what these cams can do. I would go with 400cc+ injectors. You can change the pistons, get a thinner head gasket, and/or deck the head to increase compression. Google a B Series compression calculator and go to town. Stock internals (bottom end) will handle this no problem.

Back