1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

building up type r

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by marshall12395, Nov 19, 2012.

1. marshall12395

marshall12395 New Member

so im building up my type r and i wanna now if i need high compression vavle or standered compression? my build is
    Pro Series Valve Set
    68mm Billet Pro Series Throttle Body
    Tuner Series Valve Spring Set
    Pro Series Stage 2 Camshaft
    titanium Retainer Set
    composite Fuel Rail
    Pro Series Intake Manifold with cold air intake
    3 inch exhaust with 421 headers
    almost of it is all skunk 2

2. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

Standard compression is probably fine. You will want to choose pistons to run around 11.5-12.5:1 with those cams. Make sure to get a GOOD header, and tune the crap out of the thing on a dyno. I wouldn't waste your money on the fuel rail. The stock one is just fine for your build. Spend that money on bigger fuel injectors.

3. marshall12395

marshall12395 New Member

so changing my pistons for higher compression?? and i got 421 headers and i putting a 3inch exhaust. what kind of fuel injectors should i use??? im getting it tuned by well know shop. you think my car can handle stage 2 pro series cams cause alot of people are telling me it cant.this build should make some jam???

4. 99sidude

99sidude Moderator Moderator VIP

There are good 4-2-1 headers and there are bad. You want to make sure you have a long tube design with a 2.5" collector. Any smaller and you restrict what these cams can do. I would go with 400cc+ injectors. You can change the pistons, get a thinner head gasket, and/or deck the head to increase compression. Google a B Series compression calculator and go to town. Stock internals (bottom end) will handle this no problem.

5. marshall12395

marshall12395 New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted