built c1 bottom compared to c5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was just thinking about this........would a built c1 bottom be the same as a c5 stock? well i mean close to.

could i get 200+whp with a stock itr bottom with a built b16 head. i want to use toda i think and if course port and polish and 3 or 5 angle valve job

c5s are based of the c1 block, but are further refined for the extra 25 hp...making 108.3333333333 hp per liter. I think the C5s are hand built... but don't quote me on it.

and with just the B16 head as a modification, I doubt you'll make 200+ Whp.

An ITR already has a B16 head, slightly ported from factory. So you would just build the head of the ITR. Not swap in another one.

Originally posted by NoJokE@Dec 28 2003, 02:07 AM
An ITR already has a B16 head, slightly ported from factory. So you would just build the head of the ITR. Not swap in another one.

:doh: I fucking knew that already...maybe I should pull my head out of my ass. :ph34r:

Originally posted by NoJokE+Dec 28 2003, 02:18 AM-->
Originally posted by revolution8k@Dec 28 2003, 02:11 AM
NoJokE
@Dec 28 2003, 02:07 AM
An ITR already has a B16 head, slightly ported from factory.  So you would just build the head of the ITR.  Not swap in another one.

:doh: I fucking knew that already...maybe I should pull my head out of my ass. :ph34r:

No, dont do that, then noone would recognize you. :p

:blink: :lmao: damn you're right. :bo:

Originally posted by littlehatch@Dec 28 2003, 01:39 AM
i was just thinking about this........would a built c1 bottom be the same as a c5 stock? well i mean close to.

could i get 200+whp with a stock itr bottom with a built b16 head. i want to use toda i think and if course port and polish and 3 or 5 angle valve job

you're going to need more compression to hit 200 whp.

E's stock motor JDM ITR put 188 to the wheels with i/h/e
the b16 head flows a little less, and has much weaker cams, and the IM is laking.
call it 170 whp?? ish...

you got 30 whop to gain... and thats tough all motor. wave good bye to $5000

guys i'm sorry but everybody knows that the b16 and itr heads are both pr3's and are the same casting. i dind't think it would make 200+whp but it was worth asking for something near that area. and come on guys common sense would say that i'm not using a stock b16 head. i figure why spend the money on the itr head if i'm just going to upgrade everything anyways.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 28 2003, 04:30 AM

Not really- I watched a stock bottom end GSR block with no P&P- just bolt ons and bolt "ins" make 195whp on the dyno... with the slight bump in compression that the ITR has over the GSR, 200whp would be attainable, especially with a good port and polish job.

i'm expecting to hit 200whp on my b18cR that i have in my garage. thanks to the toda pistons i found inside, and only cost me 2400 bucks :p

I have a itr bottom w/b16 top w/ctr cams,itr intake, rpm throtle body 64mm,and ctr pistons,and im puting out about 206 at the wheels, in a 91 hatch with a mugen chip pr3 ecu..... the itr bottem is a lot better the the gsr!, do to the crank counter weight is a little more for better and safer reving. and the rods are stronger....

so go with the itr..... with some better pistons....and you good to go......!!!!!!!!!! :worthy:

what to the ctr pistons bring the compression to? i plan on using a more agressive cam than the ctr also. some toda's.

Originally posted by Calesta+Dec 28 2003, 03:18 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Dec 28 2003, 04:30 AM

Not really- I watched a stock bottom end GSR block with no P&P- just bolt ons and bolt "ins" make 195whp on the dyno... with the slight bump in compression that the ITR has over the GSR, 200whp would be attainable, especially with a good port and polish job.

Hey calesta, what bolt-ins did that GSR have in it might I ask?

i was looking at the toda forged pistons since i'm going with toda i think. would they be better than the ctr pistons?

on teh b18cR they bring the comp. to 12.4:1 with a 81.50 bore and make it 12.6:1 with a 82.00 bore. i'm not sure what the stock bore is though. wich would be best of the 3?

yeah i also looked at the stroker kit for the b16. it has the toda pistons and its' fully balanced and blueprinted. maybe i should do a b16 with the stroker kit instead? i'm going to use spec c cams and they say to use the toda pistons for valve/piston clearance and to get the best out of the cams b/c of the compression ratio. plus port and polish ect. i'm not overlooking anytihng.

Back