Built K24 runnin E85 in a 94 Del Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you want to make 350- 400 on an NA k20 you better buy some mega million lottery tickets and find a donor k24 bottom end and a type s head along with some expensive$$$ high comp pistons and have some crazy head work done. Swapping a k20 is hard enough especially into a del. But the e85 is totally uneccesary no one has agreed with it yet in this thread and the hp you are asking for is going to be a lot to make out of a dd all motor del. your best bet if you want to be different is swap it with your k24/20 and try to set a 300hp goal. you will have fun with 300whp trust me

compression

My recomendation would be to go with a K24 block and a K20 head. The goal is to run a higher compression. This will get better mileage and power out of using ethanol.
I live in the south so I don't have to worry about cold weather starting. You might want to research what you need for cold weather starts if you see much cold weather.

:withstupid: a k swap in the delsol would be plenty quick. theres a chick from miami running 12s in the 1/4 with a k20 all motor integra, and its DD capable.
k20teg1.jpg

is she cute? Lol ;)

if you want to make 350- 400 on an NA k20 you better buy some mega million lottery tickets and find a donor k24 bottom end and a type s head along with some expensive$$$ high comp pistons and have some crazy head work done. Swapping a k20 is hard enough especially into a del. But the e85 is totally uneccesary no one has agreed with it yet in this thread and the hp you are asking for is going to be a lot to make out of a dd all motor del. your best bet if you want to be different is swap it with your k24/20 and try to set a 300hp goal. you will have fun with 300whp trust me

E85 is a excellent choice in fuel in high comp and turbo build.....if you have a fueling station close by.

Why is e85 good?? well because it allows you to run more ignition that your good ol 91-93 pump. It also runs a lower temp and is rated at 105 octane. 13:1 to 14:1 will work wonders with E85 on a DD.

The down side to running E85 is lack of availability, storage, fuel delivery, and finding people who tune with it.

Wish there was a place here were I could get E85, the closest E85 station is about 1.5 hrs away. If there was one here in town, I would ahve used CTR pistons in my build ;).

this thread is old but a k24 block with type s head and trans with kpro and the rbc manifold will get you 230 easy.

E85 is a excellent choice in fuel in high comp and turbo build.....if you have a fueling station close by.

Why is e85 good?? well because it allows you to run more ignition that your good ol 91-93 pump. It also runs a lower temp and is rated at 105 octane. 13:1 to 14:1 will work wonders with E85 on a DD.

The down side to running E85 is lack of availability, storage, fuel delivery, and finding people who tune with it.

Wish there was a place here were I could get E85, the closest E85 station is about 1.5 hrs away. If there was one here in town, I would ahve used CTR pistons in my build ;).
Exactly,
Don't listen to people in this thread who have no experience with E85.

I've been running E85 on my Evo for 60,000 miles now. Only thing you need to do to your fuel system is larger fuel pump, larger injectors and a tune. I picked up 70whp (on Mustang Dyno) from the fuel switch alone 91 -> E85 on the Evo. E85 tunes better than C16, closer the Q16. So it is totally worth it, especially for the cost. The cost is cheaper than 91 even though my mileage is worse; it ends up being a wash and costing the same per mile. Of course my gains are for a turbo car; they will not be the same for NA. Take it with a grain of salt.

For NA, you would want very high comrpession to take advantage of E85. My B18C i'm building with CTR pistons will be running E85. I'm going to see if I can get away with stock fuel pump and 440 cc injectors. If its not enough fuel, then I'll make changes; we'll see...

Former E85 Evo owner as well... Agreed, don't listen to others who have not used E85

You will loose about 30-35 percent gas milage

A friends ITR gained about 12-15

Don't worry about people saying your lines and hoses will not like e85 and will deteriorate

Someone left plenty of hoses and lines in e85 for a long long time only bad stories i heard were on specific honda engines... Lawn Mower engines lol

don't expect a miracle without turbo but it will help and this will keep your engine sqeeky clean and you wont have to run a cat because it will not blow out black smoke

Do you like the smell of crisco oil? well your motor oil will smell just like that when you change it lol, same 3-5k changes are fine as well

Honda's have little over heating problems.

Guess im part of the select few with that unlucky issue :mad:.

But, i agree, go with a B series and use the money your gonna blow gettin a K in and running, and converting to E85, to build a better beast on pump.

Back