Built Motors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 5 2003, 04:18 PM
im still gunna have to say WHY??????????? but hey to each their own...

www.jgenginedynamics.com has D series engines, blocks, heads, whatever you want

personally i think your wasting your time and money... i dont see the point in spending thousands on a D series just to be where a B or H series would have been stock... but if you really want to be the fastest D series around and still get spanked by B/H series cars... go for it

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

its right THERE!!

here use this one if your too lazy to type it in yourself

www.jgenginedynamics.com

I know you sent that one Jack @$$. Im talking about other ones than just that. so I can shop around a little bit. instead of just going with the first one I see. OK? get it now? if not im surprised you know how to turn your computer on.

Lets cut him some slack. I am sure I have seen a gutted rex with a d-series motor turbo'd run in the 10's somewhere, and pure track cars that run 9's. With a big budget I think that he could see 300hp to the wheels if he tunes right and since he is getting a fully built block it should be able to handle alot of boost, probably 20psi from a t3/t04e. Anythings possible.

well im thinking eventually 30 PSI with sleeves and such. I just need to know where I can get one shipped to me. I would like to see some links.

your not going to find many if any other places that sell built D series engines, because no one gives a fuck about them, for the power that you get out of them you have to spend way to much money... your probly gunna have to pay through the ass and have it built by a local engine shop...
a B/H series will still produce the same ammount and more power for less money...

the only thing a D series engine will ever be is "fast, for a D series" kinda like a 17sec metro is "fast, for a metro"....

Well I found a place that would Sleeve one, port and polish the head, Pistons ,Rods. For 3000. I find that less than a B16 Swap because i would have to get a mount kit and go threw my harness and everything to get it in.
The D15 will bolt right up.

Originally posted by JBHonda@Jan 5 2003, 06:12 PM
Well I found a place that would Sleeve one, port and polish the head, Pistons ,Rods. For 3000. I find that less than a B16 Swap because i would have to get a mount kit and go threw my harness and everything to get it in.
The D15 will bolt right up.

hmotorsonline.. 2350 for sir2, 500 mount kit (shipping from SF to Maryland was 250 for ITR swap.. use that as reference).. so..that is barely more? Yea, i'm sure lil things will be needed.. or, you can use teg mounts and the 99-00 si rear mount (i think this works), but hasport ones are stronger.. Yea, the d-series will be built.. but save your money and build the b-series and you will be faster then d-series.. if you wanna do it.. go for it, but dont come back saying blah blah with a b-series still kicks my ass and i have 7k into a d-series...

p.s. dont tell anyone at the street races you spent money in a d-series.. you might get your ass kicked and laughed at until you leave.

ok i know that everyone likes DOHC as aposed to SOHC. in a D16 the displacment is the same as the B16 the difference is a cam. I dont see why someone cant get the same amount of HP out of of a SOHC rather than a DOHC. I mean its only a cam. Sure the work load is split. but it runs on all the same thing. They are both 4-stroke engines. Think about this for a min. The higher the compretion the more HP you get. Ok then compare the stock Compretion Ratios of a D16 to a B16. Now if the B16 had the same ratio i believe it would have the same HP as the D16 with little difference. Or what would happen if that D16 had the same compretion ratio as the B16. I am pretty sure that extra HP would make up for it and that D16 would have 160-170 HP.which is the same as a B16 if im not mistaken. No take a Turbo to both motors. The compretion of the B16 is going to have to be dropped a lot in order to push some exrta air in the cylender. Now in that D16 the compretion ratio is lower. The D16's Compretion does not always have to be dropped inorder to run some boost. Now consider everything ive said. It makes sense. Please consider it with an open mind. I still havent gotten a lot of replys to my original ?. Which was What are some places I could get a built D series engine.

After reading this thread, I was looking and found that hmotorsonline has the D15b that you want. They are selling the longblock for $500. Just thought you'd like to know.

hmm.. forgot that you wanted a fully built one. I'm sure you can get some custom work done, but it would just cost you the $$$.

I think its great your building the D15, do it!. My D16 is in the shop now getting built. People ask why? well, most people havent the slightest idea what good engine tuning can do. Im not going to argue D vs B vs H vs F series motors, its pointless, they all have pro's and con's. Simply, building D series is CHEAP. parts arent terribly expensive, and there all over. My total engine building cost including a large T3, manifold, block and head work, fuel systems, Emanage, and needed wiring will still cost me the exact same as if i'd swaped and B18c into my car after mounts, wiring harness work, and all bolt on's(not that i wouldnt like a b18c, hehe). Why i choose this set up is that a good engine is only as good as the tuner, and driver. Ive been part of this build up before, running it in a full interior '98 4 door civic. It ran 12.6 at 18psi(not the turbo's max) after some basic tuning. And he is yet to have either a tranny problem, or axle problem after a full year. Now, im puting this into a gutted 5g hatch for daily driving. It should be fun.

Don't knock engine set up's unless you've witnessed them in action. Hearsay is useless information. But dont get me wrong, i only point this out to dispell the hatred on D series engines, there great. I still would like to play with some b or h series tuning in a year or so, but the look on someones face when they get killed by a single cam is priceless.

Can you read?

Yes your d series with all that stuff cost you as much as a B18C1 swap, but with the B18C1 swap you would just be starting to make power. With the D series build you are now topped out. That is the difference right there. Do any of the fastest drag racers run d series? I doubt it. Ever wonder why? It's because B/H series engines have much more room for improvement. Period. End of story.

Thank you please drive through.

Do you have any ideas on what sort of Internals i should go with? What engine pulled the 12? in the 4-door. I have a 4-door now. Full interior. I want to kill some stangs. I am still looking for some websites on built engines so i can get some prices.

Bore a d16 to 1.8 L then raise the compretion the 10.6 and BAM! there is your B18C. PERIOD..... now drop the compretion back down for the turbo and your in the same damn boat. lsvtec I think you dont know what the hell your talking about.

Let's start from the top. I will make sure to use small words so your infintile mind can grasp them.
To bore a D15 to 1.8L you need to increase the stock 75mm to around 81mm. There is no way that the D series block would accept sleeves for that large a bore. So stroke it you say. Stop and think now about what this has cost you. You have now put way more money into a fucking D series than the B18C5 swap would have cost you and what do you have? A 1.8L SOHC VTEC engine that can't rev past 6000 RPM because you fucked the R/S ratio so bad with your stroker kit. Wow that sounds like the most worthless engine ever concieved.

Now with any B series you have 2 cams. This allows for much more tunablility with simple cam gears. And if you get a B series VTEC you have VTEC on the intake and exhaust, not just the intake. Sorry JBHonda, I think you are the fool here.

Thank you please drive through.

That is not even mentioning that everything that comes with the B/H series engine is stronger. Internals, tranny, you name it. Plus you get and intermediate shaft with the DOHC engines and you don't with the D15.

im talking all money aside you fucking prick. a SOHC that is 1.8L and has the same compretion as a B18C1 is going to have the same HP if its not the same it will be really fucking close. So pull your head out of your ass and open up to new ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back