Built My First Gaming Pc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

"full" or "mid" ATX is irrelevant.

ATX form factor specs 7 PCI expansion slots and most cases will only have 7. the way your MB is, you need an "8th" slot for a dual size card. some cases have it, some cases dont. but its not true to the ATX form factor. just be mindful of it.
Again I only need a full size atx case and a gpu and larger power supply to do 3 way crossfire... but obviously yes I need to buy a case that has at least 8 slots but pretty much all "gaming" atx full tower cases come with minimum 8
20170406_202415.jpg

Last edited:
that's not even a SFF case LOL. that's basically an enclosed benching station. good cases though. i just don't like the footprint. takes up more space on or under a desk than a regular midsize case would. has a ton of space for HDDs though if you're trying to use it as a file server.

if you want SFF, look into mini-ITX. it has a ton of support these days. they have mini-ITX boards that support the latest processors (not just tiny shit like the Atom), and a single full size PCIe x16 slot for a video card. a lot of times they use laptop SO-DIMM memory to keep the board small.

this case is pretty awesome: 8"x4"x12"

http://theawesomer.com/a4-sfx-mini-itx-gaming-pc-case/369935/

dan_cases_a4-sfx_itx_gaming_pc_case_1.jpg

dan_cases_a4-sfx_itx_gaming_pc_case_4.jpg

dan_cases_a4-sfx_itx_gaming_pc_case_3.jpg

its either a 1070 or a 1080 , my rx 480s out perform them in crossfire mode ;) open GL games though single card is superior

it says right on the card that its a GTX 780... and it wont be any more of an oven than a regular PC. it has access to fresh air right through the side vent and is sectioned off from the heat of the rest of the system on the other side.

that particular case was a kickstarter last year, but they are planning on producing more this year. if i wanted a SFF portable gaming rig, id use that case. and toss in a monster single card (GTX 1080 Ti seems to be the best single card available now)

the only downside is noise. youll hear the GPU fans more. but if you care about noise, you'll need a big case to support water cooling. my watercooled rig back in the day was sooo quiet. and didnt get louder under load since the fans were at the same low speeds at all times.

i don't hear my "new" computer at all even under load. it helps that we're 10 feet from it.

but the omen fucking SCREAMS when its loaded up.

my rig is silenttt unless I have it on the max fan setting which is overkill but really is still not heard if you have any kind of media going

Back